• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does DGCA 24 hour rule apply on Convenience Fee as well?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

ccTimeBaby

TF Buzz
Stating DGCA rule first: For domestic bookings, customers can make any changes or cancellations free of charge within 24 hours of booking, if booked at least 7 days before the travel dates.

Does this apply to convenience fee as well?
I know IndiGo refunds the full amount. What about other airlines - Vistara, Air India, Akasa etc. I have heard Vistara does not but wanted to get a confirmation here.
Also, I was looking at the websites of these airlines, apart from Indigo, none have mentioned about the passenger charter by DGCA.
P.S. - posting for the first time here.

attri

TF Buzz
It depends on the follow ups and knowing your rights. If you mention terms like DGCA you're are aware of then surely they wont dony to give you back convince fees. But it all depends on partner to partner. I got my complete refund from Goibibo as per DGCA.

ccTimeBaby

TF Buzz
Update: So I had this question because I had booked a flight through Vistara website but did not get full refund. For some reason they had deducted both the convenience fee and extra baggage charges. I have now received the complete refund after emailing them multiple times where I reminded them of existing DGCA policy.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.