• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Diners Black vs Axis Magnus

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I hold a Diners Black card, which is a lifetime free card for me, and an Axis Magnus Credit Card, for which I pay around 12000:- per annum. I also have add-on cards for my wife on both the DCB and Axis Magnus.

My annual spends are around Rs 8 to 10 lacs, with the majority of the expenses going towards travel. My expenses are irregular, with some months being less than 1 lac and others being more than 1 lac.

I would like to know how I can maximize the benefits of these two cards and would appreciate any advice from the experts here.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I hold a Diners Black card, which is a lifetime free card for me, and an Axis Magnus Credit Card, for which I pay around 12000:- per annum. I also have add-on cards for my wife on both the DCB and Axis Magnus.

My annual spends are around Rs 8 to 10 lacs, with the majority of the expenses going towards travel. My expenses are irregular, with some months being less than 1 lac and others being more than 1 lac.

I would like to know how I can maximize the benefits of these two cards and would appreciate any advice from the experts here.
If you’re having this much travel category of expense then Axis bank atlas will be a great option for you
Fee 5k PA

metro

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
1. Whenever you want to buy online like Amazon, Myntra etc use grabdeals voucher or Smartbuy voucher
2. Try to finish 1 L milestone on magnus whenever you have more than 1L of spend in a month and remaining use DCB (expect for anything you are buying voucher from grabdeals)
3. Transfer point from axis to hotel or flight partner and use it.
4. Whenever you have less than 1L of expenses try to reach 80k spend per month from DCB
5. You can also add amex cards to your portfolio and achieve milestones there. They also give good value.

saucy

TF Ace
Magnus - it's beneficial when you reach the 1L milestone. So a good idea would be to use it whenever you're somewhat certain that you'd be spending 1L (and don't spend over 1L on it)

DCB - use it as a regular card when you are certain you aren't going to meet the magnus 1L milestone.
No special need unless some offer specifically needs hdfc credit card.

For Further Maximising rewards (depending on how keen you.may be for having various creidt cards)

Forget DCB (except if the offer needs.hdfc, like apple products)
Get Amex Platinum Travel - it has vouchers for an ANNUAL spends - 1.9L and 4L.
So all the months you are sure not to spend on magnus can go over here.

This strategy will remain valid upto 16L of spending in a year.

Last edited:

ismail

TF Select
i too have DCB LTF with Magnus. as spends may or maynot reach 1 lakh, i am using Magus as primary whole and sole card till 25th every month, and after geeting a clarity of acheiving milestone either using Magnus aggresively or else shifting the spends to dcb
am sure of not reaching 15l per annum, so not looking forward to it

maynigam

TF Premier
Magnus - it's beneficial when you reach the 1L milestone. So a good idea would be to use it whenever you're somewhat certain that you'd be spending 1L (and don't spend over 1L on it)

DCB - use it as a regular card when you are certain you aren't going to meet the magnus 1L milestone.
No special need unless some offer specifically needs hdfc credit card.

For Further Maximising rewards (depending on how keen you.may be for having various creidt cards)

Forget DCB (except if the offer needs.hdfc, like apple products)
Get Amex Platinum Travel - it has vouchers for an ANNUAL spends - 1.9L and 4L.
So all the months you are sure not to spend on magnus can go over here.

This strategy will remain valid upto 16L of spending in a year.
Any particular reason for not spending more than 1L per month on Magnus? I just spent 1.7.
Other card that I have is Regalia. I don’t know if it is LTF or not 😛

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
keep it simple.. spend everything on magnus except two things mentioned bellw.. has best reward rate even without 25k milestone bonus..

1) use LTF DCB for 2x weekend dining..

2) for forex spends if u have hdfc global value program where u get 1% cash back on forex u can use dcb if magnus has crossed 1lakh in that month..

also if u spend only on magnus and if u are able to reach 15 lakh spends fees get waived off but u still get 10k tata cliq voucher

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
How to get DCB LTF? I was getting an offer of FYF, did not upgrade.
As an alumnus of a certain premier institute and a faculty member of another, I was eligible for the scheme. However, I found the process to be quite opaque and lacking in transparency.

It seems that there may be other categories of people who are eligible for the scheme, but this information is not readily available. I was also concerned about the level of professionalism and efficiency of the bank's staff in handling such matters.

Initially, they asked me to visit a branch to seek the scheme, but as I don't have a savings account with them, I was unwilling to do so. After some back and forth, they agreed to send a representative with appropriate instructions to help me out. While it wasn't the most exciting experience, it did ultimately bear fruit.

I just wanted to share my experience with you, as I know you are also a customer of HDFC Bank or looking for DCB LTF. Hopefully, this information will be helpful to you in the future.

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
keep it simple.. spend everything on magnus except two things mentioned bellw.. has best reward rate even without 25k milestone bonus..

1) use LTF DCB for 2x weekend dining..

2) for forex spends if u have hdfc global value program where u get 1% cash back on forex u can use dcb if magnus has crossed 1lakh in that month..

also if u spend only on magnus and if u are able to reach 15 lakh spends fees get waived off but u still get 10k tata cliq voucher
For dining do checkout eazydiner 1 year membership and Rs 1000 off that comes with magnus for select restaurants. When i was paying some restaurants, i enquired them if they accept all cards and they said except diners club we accept all cards lolz

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For dining do checkout eazydiner 1 year membership and Rs 1000 off that comes with magnus for select restaurants. When i was paying some restaurants, i enquired them if they accept all cards and they said except diners club we accept all cards lolz
Ya for eazydiner restaurants use those cards