• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Diners Black to Infinia

creditcardfan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello friends,
I recently got an upgrade from Regalia to Diners Black with a limit of 7.5L (In February 2022). Unfortunately, just as I got my card, the card got devalued. So eventually my target became to get an Infinia - so that at least the spend can gain good points on SmartBuy.

What I have heard in the last twitter space is that we need a 7.5L spend in the last 6 months and the limit to be 8L to be eligible for Infinia. I might not be able to achieve spend target completely, but maybe around 4-5L in the 6 months (Around 80k-1L a month).

My question is it still a good thing to put these spends on Diners and target Infinia (given the recent devaluations), or better to do these purchases on a Axis Magnus, which would give me 5% cashback on 1L spend each month.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for all the advice and information shared in the community!

creditcardfan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thank you... Intention is definitely not to spend more than planned, hence I know the required 7.5L would definitely not be achieved.

My confusion was because in the long term if HDFC keeps on decreasing the value, especially on DCB, I should not be stuck with reward points with lesser value :) especially in case I don't get an Infinia upgrade due to not meeting the spend threshold..

mojai

TF Buzz
Latest update on this - I visited HDFC branch today (one of the biggest in Mumbai). For anyone to upgrade to Infinia, bank needs only 2 criteria to be fulfilled:
  1. Last 6 months spend = 7.5 Lakh
  2. Current HDFC CC limit = 8 Lakh and above
No need to have any minimum income or any other. The guy said he can upgrade my DCB immediately if I meet the criteria above.

jainsu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have DCB (LTF) and HDFC is offering me paid Infinia. Considering my card's portfolio I am also in dilemma if it is worth moving from LTF DCB to paid Infinia. I also asked them if they can allow me to retain DCB and issue a new Infinia , however they said that this decision will be taken only after receipt of application and cant assure beforehand.

jainsu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Completely agree with you, they have devalued a lot. However i am yet to find any other card with such high reward rates. some challengers i am holding are BOB Eterna (LTf), SC ultimate (paid), Amex reward (LTF).

Cryptopsycho

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Completely agree with you, they have devalued a lot. However i am yet to find any other card with such high reward rates. some challengers i am holding are BOB Eterna (LTf), SC ultimate (paid), Amex reward (LTF).
Can u share how u got Eterna and MRCC LTF?? These are not easy to get as LTF!! I have both these cards but paid versions....

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@jainsu How does one apply for BOB eterna LTF? I qualify the criteria that you mentioned. If you have a personal connect in the CC department, could you please put me in touch with them?

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thank you @Cryptopsycho and @anirbanm. I have written a mail. I did not have the ITR available yet, so I have attached the tax computation sheet and a monthly salary slip. Hope that qualifies.

PS. Can I do the same for an upgrade from Diners Black LTF to Infinia LTF - write an email to grievance redressal at HDFC?