• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Score not generated yet 😌

parmeet

TF Buzz
Hello, I had taken a secured credit card from icici bank 2 months back and still till now I cannot see it in my cibil score and so no score is generated .So how to generate the cibil score in my case . Also how can we check the score for free?

chacks18

TF Select
Hello, I had taken a secured credit card from icici bank 2 months back and still till now I cannot see it in my cibil score and so no score is generated .So how to generate the cibil score in my case . Also how can we check the score for free?
Usually it takes approx. 6 months to reflect any Credit Card account in CIBIL. I once requested bank to report my updated data and the next month it was done.

chacks18

TF Select
What's weird is that my Canara bank secured CC showed up on my Experian score but no on my Cibil.
You should write/ask the bank to update. Mostly all the banks check/consider CIBIL for new credit applications. And 1 year old Secured card is worth a lot, so you should definitely try for that. Even if it gets reported as an unsecured card it will be a W.

chacks18

TF Select
Only 3 month's payment are showing on my Experian though. For my 1 year old CC.
My IDFC and Slice payment history was not updated since last October. So I contacted their customer care in December regarding the same
I got calls from both, Slice support told me that they report every three months, but I'm not sure whether it was any kinda policy as i guess every bank or financial institutions needs to report updated data monthly to CIBIL. IDFC support informed me that they are reporting all data to CIBIL, and asked me to check it with CIBIL. I was not satisfied with either of the response. But what can we do?
All in all just waste of time.

Both the accounts were updated in January though. So I guess it will help if you ask them to update.