• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for upcoming 12 lac expense in 3 month

Hi All,
I have upcoming expense of around 12 lacs in 3 months due to some functions at our home.
which credit card would be the best for doing such transaction.
I will do 1 lac *3 month in my axis magnus.
Whether 9 lacs in Infinia or standard chartered ultimate card would be best idea to get approx 30k points?
please help me for the credit card i should apply and how much transaction in each card to get max benifit.

Infiniti

TF Select
VIP Lounge
axis vistara Infinite under the ongoing joining fee waiver offer. spend 1.2L and effectively get a free biz class ticket + 3 class upgrades. spends 2.5L for 2 tickets.

theranos

TF Select
if into airmiles definitely go for reseve if you can split the transaction you could get upwards of 25% rewards rate ....i think you would value rewards over notional fee of 60k of reserve

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hi All,
I have upcoming expense of around 12 lacs in 3 months due to some functions at our home.
Whether 9 lacs in Infinia or standard chartered ultimate card would be best idea to get approx 30k points?
please help me for the credit card i should apply and how much transaction in each card to get max benifit.
Scb ultimate for unlimited no cap rewards

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi All,
Retail shopping? Axis Select! 8% airmile reward rate since you hold Magnus.

Sudheep

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
for 9L

i) part of the expenses which falls in travel category, magnus travel edge/ infinia smartbuy. for rest, scb ultimate - its the utimate option :)

OR

ii) vistara axis signature/ sbi vistara prime & get premium economy tkts / vistara axis infinite for business class- make an all india metro tour.. ;)

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
But monthly 1 lac alone will fetch milestone rewards rest extra will earn normal 1.2% rewards only
Select gives 20RP for 200 (regular rewards). So if i spend 7L in retail shopping, i will be getting 70,000 reward points right? With magnus it will be 42,000RPs (regular rewards) excluding bonus milestone. i.e 56,000 airmiles or 33,600 airmiles respectively.

For retail shopping of 7L
1. Magnus gives 4.8% value in airmiles. = 33,600 airmiles
2. Select gives 8% value in airmiles (if you hold a HNI card) = 56,000 airmiles
3. DCB, infinia or SC Ultimates gives 3.3% = ₹23,100

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Select gives 20RP for 200 (regular rewards). So if i spend 7L in retail shopping, i will be getting 70,000 reward points right? With magnus it will be 42,000RPs (regular rewards) excluding bonus milestone. i.e 56,000 airmiles or 33,600 airmiles respectively.

For retail shopping of 7L
1. Magnus gives 4.8% value in airmiles. = 33,600 airmiles
2. Select gives 8% value in airmiles (if you hold a HNI card) = 56,000 airmiles
3. DCB, infinia or SC Ultimates gives 3.3% = ₹23,100
So the best is combo of select and magnus we can transfer air-miles together
But a small downside of select is with mcc I mean lot of retail we think it’s giving 20/200 but some Miss there like hotel and some of automobiles shop spends those are getting its 10/100 in select so that fact to be considered

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So the best is combo of select and magnus we can transfer air-miles together
But a small downside of select is with mcc I mean lot of retail we think it’s giving 20/200 but some Miss there like hotel and some of automobiles shop spends those are getting its 10/100 in select so that fact to be considered
If it were all offline spends, everybody would be holding magnus + select 🤣