• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confused about Mile Points To INR conversion for different axis partners[Axis Credit Card Magnus/Reserve]

Enigmatic

TF Buzz
Hi There,
I have 75K edge rewards points in my axis card and I will be getting 75K points more in three months as a bonus. So I will be having 150k edge points. Axis is providing a lot of partners to convert edge points to partner points. But I am not able to understand of benefits of these 150k points if they are turning into pennies. I transfer 300 points to AirAsia which became 240 and 240 points is equal to 36 according to their points.
Please me how to use these points wisely and which partners are providing the best conversation value. I can see that Turkish Airlines and United show ticket prices in miles. But many of us might not be having a lot of points to travel to Europe
I don't even know which hostel partner is having better conversion rate and which one is cheaper. :(

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@Enigmatic if you want to enter the miles game, you will need to be patient and open to learning and spending time on figuring it out. There is no shortcut to finding the right deals. This forum has enough posts with information that you need, but you will need to spend time searching, reading and understanding them.

Here are some posts to get you started
If it was very easy and straightforward, it wouldn't be a lucrative game as everyone would be able to do it. It is upto you to decide if this is worth your time.

Last edited:

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please me how to use these points wisely and which partners are providing the best conversation value. I can see that Turkish Airlines and United show ticket prices in miles. But many of us might not be having a lot of points to travel to Europe

Just as an example, I have booked Bombay to London non-stop Air India Economy Flights via Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer at 30500 miles per leg, Axis ER got converted to points in ratio 5:4. So With 1.5L ER points definitely make it possible to book a return trip to Europe, but you will have to read up and check different airlines websites to find the best conversion ratio for you.
The links I have shared in my previous post will help you get started and get an idea of where to look first.

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Over a period of research, I find the best usage of Axis ER to be Accor points (unless you prefer ONLY budget stays). Why?

1. Has properties in all touristy places
2. Conversion ratio is brilliant. 1 Accor point is 1.6-1.8 Rupees

I am yet to use this since I am new to magnus.

manzb

TF Premier
Over a period of research, I find the best usage of Axis ER to be Accor points (unless you prefer ONLY budget stays). Why?

True.. but there is a small issue with Accor as well.. they are hardly present in Americas (both North and South).

SteelSh0t

TF Premier

How to check the ER points required for a booking in Accor? Do we need to make ac account first or can we check it by browsing their hotel catalogue?

manzb

TF Premier
How to check the ER points required for a booking in Accor? Do we need to make ac account first or can we check it by browsing their hotel catalogue?
There is no ER points booking directly. Accor points acts like Cash and you settle the final invoice using points as long as that hotel accepts the same (mentioned clearly once you chose the hotel room). It is standard 2000 points for every 40 Euro.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
There is no ER points booking directly. Accor points acts like Cash and you settle the final invoice using points as long as that hotel accepts the same (mentioned clearly once you chose the hotel room). It is standard 2000 points for every 40 Euro.

Ok so you reserve the hotel room from Accor website and then when you checkout, you ask them to Settle the bill using Accor points, correct?

What is the transfer time for ER to hit your Accor account? Anybody knows how much time it takes DCB?

TF Premier
@Enigmatic if you want to enter the miles game, you will need to be patient and open to learning and spending time on figuring it out. There is no shortcut to finding the right deals. This forum has enough posts with information that you need, but you will need to spend time searching, reading and understanding them.

Here are some posts to get you started
If it was very easy and straightforward, it wouldn't be a lucrative game as everyone would be able to do it. It is upto you to decide if this is worth your time.
Thanks for the links👍