• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed | Unable to use UPI with Rupay CC after mobile number update

shivek

TF Select
I had initially posted this in "Rupay Credit Cards" but did not get any response.
So posting it here in this forum now.

I have been facing issue with Rupay CC UPI transaction.
I am having Tata Neu HDFC Infinity card which I hot issued with a different number than my HDFC RMN.
Recently I got my address updated (re-kyc requirement) in my HDFC account and after few days bank also changed my mobile number for Neu Card without me requesting for it.

After this change I added by card again in UPI apps with updated number.

But when I make any transaction it fails with error “Cellphone number changed”.
It is same across all the apps and I have tried multiple times deleting and adding the card but of no use.
Only the "Check Balance" option works.

Did anyone else got into similar situation and is there any resolution for this?

PS: I have not contacted bank for the issue yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_195239_Samsung Wallet_Original.jpeg
    Screenshot_20231213_195239_Samsung Wallet_Original.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 22

D₹V

TF Prestige
I had initially posted this in "Rupay Credit Cards" but did not get any response.

I am having Tata Neu HDFC Infinity card which I hot issued with a different number than my HDFC RMN.
Recently I got my address updated (re-kyc requirement) in my HDFC account and after few days bank also changed my mobile number for Neu Card without me requesting for it.

It is same across all the apps and I have tried multiple times deleting and adding the card but of no use.

Did anyone else got into similar situation and is there any resolution for this?

Reset UPI PIN.

Should work.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Can you see the cc in hdfc mobile banking app? If yes. Then fix should be easy ( just follow d2v comments)
If no.. then problem lies in the backend.

shivek

TF Select
Marked the thread as closed.
Followed the below steps as suggested by priority redressal
1. Reset credit card ATM PIN
2. Reset UPI PIN
3. Delete and add the card again in UPI

Following the above steps did not solve the issue. Updated same to priority redressal and got the reply again to follow the same steps.
Again after few days I just deleted and added the card again and made a transaction and this time it went through.

It seems that after following the steps it took few days to reflect properly in the system.