• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cleartrip not giving refund under medical cancellation

Mars_rover

TF Select
VIP Lounge
2 months ago have booked my ticket on cleartrip using icici card,
I had cancelled the ticket under medicancel and was approved for full refund, but cleartrip is telling me that your refund is under process and pending from our lender team and telling same thing from 2 months

What should I do now?

catcat

TF Select
Hello,
My fiancee (will be wife in 2 weeks) and I have booked a round trip to France around the Olympics (Late July-Mid August). An uncle is now inviting us to the UK.
How easy is it to get a double entry Schengen Visa & a UK Visa? I have so far only travelled to Sri Lanka. Fiancee/Wife nowhere yet. Both of us will travel to Thailand soon.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Hello,
My fiancee (will be wife in 2 weeks) and I have booked a round trip to France around the Olympics (Late July-Mid August). An uncle is now inviting us to the UK.
How easy is it to get a double entry Schengen Visa & a UK Visa? I have so far only travelled to Sri Lanka. Fiancee/Wife nowhere yet. Both of us will travel to Thailand soon.
First get France Visa. From Paris, just book a train ticket or something to show that you will be leaving the schengen area. That way you will be able to get Multi Entry Visa. Since it's your first time in schengen, it will be a bit strict in approval process. So, unless you explicitly show that you will be leaving and re entering, you might not be able to get Schengen Multi Entry visa.

Once you have Schengen visa, then apply for UK Visa... I don't remember, somewhere in their visa issuance points, they say if it's a multi country trip, then it;s recommended to get other country's visa before applying for UK Visa. So, there's that. Now, if your uncle is planning to invite you folks, then he will most likely have to send original documents for invitation as courier which you will be using for your application.

Hit me up if you need any guidance with the process of Schengen Visa.

catcat

TF Select
Initially, we'll have to pay €80 per person for a Schengen visa. If we apply for a multi-entry, I guess it means another €80? In addition to the British visa price. If we have to fork out that much, I'd rather spend the time in Europe. Uncle has said he'll come to France for a couple of days if we can't make it.

There is another choice, but I need to see if I can manage it - alter my Delhi-Paris ticket to Delhi-London ticket. In that case, what'll be the order of operations? I guess I'll need a London-Paris ticket, then get the Schengen Visa, then the UK Visa with a welcome letter from uncle?

PS - a general question - can we book hotels using Booking.com (or any other suitable site) in UK/Europe without paying? If so, does it suffice for visa purposes?