• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cleartrip/Flipkart Axis - Cashback not given on Flight Tickets

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Hello People,
I did 3 flight transactions last month on cleartrip using my FK Axis CC. All 3 have different merchant names. Out of 3, one got settled in last statement cycle itself and I see it was tagged as utility payment transaction and I did not get 4% cashback.

I spoke to Axis CC and they said the transaction is not eligible for cashback. I'm surprised as I would only expect this treatment from SBI.

Anyone has had similar experience?

The merchant names reported are:

1- WWW PHONEPE COM GURGAON IN
2- FX MART PVT. LTD., WWW.PHONEPE.C, IN
3- 10073240 (I don't know what name is this, but surprisingly, customer care executive told this is a cleartrip transaction and I'll be getting cashback next month)

Attachments

• IMG-20230912-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20230912-WA0007.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20230912-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230912-WA0005.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20230912-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230912-WA0004.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 34

Tejo

TF Legend
Hello People,
I did 3 flight transactions last month on cleartrip using my FK Axis CC. All 3 have different merchant names. Out of 3, one got settled in last statement cycle itself and I see it was tagged as utility payment transaction and I did not get 4% cashback.

I spoke to Axis CC and they said the transaction is not eligible for cashback. I'm surprised as I would only expect this treatment from SBI.

Anyone has had similar experience?

The merchant names reported are:

1- WWW PHONEPE COM GURGAON IN
2- FX MART PVT. LTD., WWW.PHONEPE.C, IN
3- 10073240 (I don't know what name is this, but surprisingly, customer care executive told this is a cleartrip transaction and I'll be getting cashback next month)
www phonpe com is by phonepe and mostly the transaction is utility bill payment.

Fx mart pvt ltd is by phonepe only and it's former name and transaction comes under telecom bill payment.

I hope it's clear why you didn't got cb, the issue is from clear trip payment gateway.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
www phonpe com is by phonepe and mostly the transaction is utility bill payment.

Fx mart pvt ltd is by phonepe only and it's former name and transaction comes under telecom bill payment.

I hope it's clear why you didn't got cb, the issue is from clear trip payment gateway.
The answer is in the statement and the same has been confirmed by customer care too, but if someone willingly chooses to ignore it no amount of explanation would help. 🤭

Gaurav_96

TF Select
The answer is in the statement and the same has been confirmed by customer care too, but if someone willingly chooses to ignore it no amount of explanation would help. 🤭
gurudev, mera yaha thread create karna ka aim ye janna h ki kisi or sajjan ke sath aisa hua h or hua h to kya tarike apnane se cashback mila?

aap itna cute response doge to uselessness or badhegi hi iss thread me.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
gurudev, mera yaha thread create karna ka aim ye janna h ki kisi or sajjan ke sath aisa hua h or hua h to kya tarike apnane se cashback mila?

aap itna cute response doge to uselessness or badhegi hi iss thread me.
Guru dev aap bhi mahan ho iska koi upai nahi tab hi nah aap ko reply nahi mila abhi tak aise useless threads bana kar kyun sab ka time waste kar rahe ho aap ka time bhi mulayvan hoga jaise sab ka hai

Ab jhagra kar ke lena toh koshish kije lekin case toh kuch Banta nahi kyun MCC excluded hai

Bas aur transaction mat kije age se 🤣

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Guru dev aap bhi mahan ho iska koi upai nahi tab hi nah aap ko reply nahi mila abhi tak aise useless threads bana kar kyun sab ka time waste kar rahe ho aap ka time bhi mulayvan hoga jaise sab ka hai

Ab jhagra kar ke lena toh koshish kije lekin case toh kuch Banta nahi kyun MCC excluded hai

Bas aur transaction mat kije age se 🤣
Then, sir, kindly allow individuals who have gone through the same experience to respond. Your rather clear statement and androgynous approach won't benefit anyone, but their response might aid me or others.🙏

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Then, sir, kindly allow individuals who have gone through the same experience to respond. Your rather clear statement and androgynous approach won't benefit anyone, but their response might aid me or others.🙏
Wah Sir aap badiya angrezi bolte hain samjh gaya aap ko kaafi taqlif hui hai aap ka apman bhi seh lenge 🤣

Aap lage rahiye upai aaj nahi toh kaal mil jayega 🤣

maheshk

TF Buzz
Update: Axis Bank denied the cashback because of merchant name difference and asked me to contact Cleartrip.

I presented Cleartrip with all the necessary proofs, along with credit card statements and the bank's reply on my case, and they reimbursed me for my loss.
Hi, Thanks for posting this. I am also facing same issue on transaction done on cleartrip with my SBI cashback card. I should get 5% cashback as this transaction comes under online shopping and not utility. For me, merchant name is comming as WWW PHONEPE COM in statetment. So I have raised it to sbi customer care till nodal officer. But they simply ignore the fact that transaction is done on cleartrip. even after attaching cleartrip mail as proof.
I think now only option is to raise it to cleartrip as you have done.
Please let me know how you raised this issue with cleartrip.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hi, Thanks for posting this. I am also facing same issue on transaction done on cleartrip with my SBI cashback card. I should get 5% cashback as this transaction comes under online shopping and not utility. For me, merchant name is comming as WWW PHONEPE COM in statetment. So I have raised it to sbi customer care till nodal officer. But they simply ignore the fact that transaction is done on cleartrip. even after attaching cleartrip mail as proof.
What's the mcc for WWW PHONEPE COM ?

maheshk

TF Buzz
Have experienced the same.Multiple follow ups with pno and then they release the cashback.
I have escalated to pno today and got same copy paste reply showing excluded categories and no mention about actual category of cleartrip purchase. Will they release cashback now? If yes, I will also continue follow ups.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
Hello,

Fight with the Cleartrip folks and furnish all the replies you have received so far from SBI. Let them know that their MCC is broken, and because of it, the cashback is being jeopardised on so many occasions. They'll surely reimburse you with 5%.