• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil score simulator on cibil android app

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hello members,

I don't know if this applies only to persons who have a cibil membership or to anyone who can view their cibil score.

I have a paid cibil membership and can view my updated cibil score everyday.

The cibil app has a cibil score simulator which predicts your score in case of an event that would impact your cibil.

For example, as of now -

My current cibil is 794
If I close my oldest card account, it reaches 795,
If I clear all my outstanding cards and loans, it becomes 805,
If I default on all loans, I'd rather not say.. :LOL:

Let us share what we see.

Thanks,

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Quite contrasting to the popular opinion, my CIBIL score simulator worked most of the times correctly. I use CIBIL on web, not in the app though ( eventhough I think it doesn't matter...)

I have been using CIBIL subscription for the last 4 years and score simulator was introduced may be 2 or three years ago. If I remember well, it didn't work correctly in the initial days, but for the last one year or so, it works very well for me.

For e.g. my current score is 784, if I clear all my due on all CCs it shows 794.
In the next cycle, I will clear all my dues, I will share my score.( tried this several times before, it was very accurate)

1687867108475.png

If I chose close my oldest card, it is showing same score. ( the difference between my oldest and second oldest is only 7 months and my credit

1687867276044.png

If I choose a new enquiry of CC for 1L , same score..

1687867490256.png

Hey @S S V is the CIBIL simulator still working as intended?

I'm looking to close my first and oldest credit card of 9+years (because HDFC is pathetic), my second CC from SBI is 5+years, there is a difference of 4 years. When I use the simulator and select close my oldest credit card, there is no change in my score. Is this accurate?

Anyone else able to confirm this please?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey @S S V is the CIBIL simulator still working as intended?

I'm looking to close my first and oldest credit card of 9+years (because HDFC is pathetic), my second CC from SBI is 5+years, there is a difference of 4 years. When I use the simulator and select close my oldest credit card, there is no change in my score. Is this accurate?

Yes, it does work .. it is accurate..

Quantum

TF Premier
When I use the simulator and select close my oldest credit card, there is no change in my score. Is this accurate?

The CIBIL website's (web version) simulator is far more accurate than the CIBIL app's version.
Saying this from personal experience.
I was trying to simulate "Add a new CC" scenario.
Via CIBIL app: No change in score.
CIBIL website's (web version): Increase in score.

And when the new CC was reported to CIBIL, the score actually increased to what CIBIL website's (web version) was predicting, that too predicted score + 2.

So, yeah, the CIBIL website's simulator works, it is correct, and the real score could be in the range of +/- 2 of the predicted score.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The CIBIL website's (web version) simulator is far more accurate than the CIBIL app's version.

And when the new CC was reported to CIBIL, the score actually increased to what CIBIL website's (web version) was predicting, that too predicted score + 2.

So, yeah, the CIBIL website's simulator works, it is correct, and the real score could be in the range of +/- 2 of the predicted score.
Thanks for confirming.. and I always use dekstop version.. not just for CIBIL, anything ..

Superxan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Yes, I’ve always used the website version from desktop. Although, the recent UI update has made it quite laggy especially if you are checking the alerts message drop down.

Thanks for confirming!

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is completely inaccurate. I have had a subscription for the past 3 years and have checked it regularly. I haven't seen any variance in desktop or app versions. Anytime you simulate paying off all balances, it always shows 10 to 11 points increase regardless of whether the balances total 2k or 5 lakhs. However, once you pay them off and all balances reflect zero on CIBIL, the score doesn't actually increase at all. Only accurate prediction is no change after adding a new loan or card.

Akashn

TF Ace
It is completely inaccurate. I have had a subscription for the past 3 years and have checked it regularly. I haven't seen any variance in desktop or app versions. Anytime you simulate paying off all balances, it always shows 10 to 11 points increase regardless of whether the balances total 2k or 5 lakhs. However, once you pay them off and all balances reflect zero on CIBIL, the score doesn't actually increase at all. Only accurate prediction is no change after adding a new loan or card.
Yeah i feel the same