• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cheq rent processing fee just for verification of card

shubhra

TF Buzz
I was charged ₹199 rent processing fee and ₹35 igst just for verification of card on cheq app.
Kindly suggest what to do now?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-27-01-18-24-19_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-27-01-18-24-19_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 140

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Some of these rules and charges imposed by the banks are absolutely hilarious.

For an average person who doesn't track their statement properly and merchants mess up their MCC would have no idea about these and probably not notice them or hit their wall wondering if their card got hacked or something.

Just include them in the same transaction or at least show them while making the transaction to avoid MCC hiccups.

Greencheese

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Recently, I had an issue where HDFC levied rent payment charges on some UPI payments through Gpay. I mailed them the invoices, they still refused to reverse the charges. I had to file a complaint with RBI to have the charges reversed.

Greencheese

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Yes, but it's an extremely annoying situation, having to file a complaint with RBI for reversal of charges, even after having provided them with the relevant invoices.

Greencheese

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
So, problem got solved easily by rbi? We always have to complain to rbi it seems.
Seems so, that or threaten to close the card.

The problem with me is that if it comes to having to threaten to close, I always close my relationships.

I got annoyed with HDFC and closed both my bank account and Infinia card over a disputed charge of about 70 rupees. I refused to have anything to do with them until recently when I wanted a rupay card and the tata neu infinity was offered LTF. I regret having taken it though, looks like HDFC will never change.

Contrast this with my SBI experience, I have been using their cards for the last 17 years and never once had any reason to raise a dispute.