• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Case Study: Amex IVR

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Case Study: Amex IVR - Don't fix something that's not broken!

I recently called Amex customer care number and the IVR experience to me felt a downhill path Amex took.
  1. Amex India has jumped on the AI bandwagon and now it's asking us to voice out our queries, which for obvious reasons isn't up to the mark.
  2. The most frustrating part is that one has to enter all 15 digits of your card. In my case I upgraded from Gold Charge to Plat Charge (yes, i took the 135K offer). When I was on GC, my card number was not required but now after the upgrade, not sure if it's the IVR or my card upgrade. I've to enter the 15 digit number in full.
I really love the Axis Burgundy experience, no BS - just straight to customer care executive. Which Amex had something similar for Plat charge folks.

My rant, with love!
1RC

helloworld

TF Legend
The customer care has been a IVR since a year now
their in app chat support is more than enough i believe for most queries

chat support I do not like, in my experience I queried in morning and got responses during night. and further followup goes to next day all this if my phone notifies that notification, if it goes sleep then I have to manually remember and check. That is not a good system, IMO.

But compared to HSBC its better, there they respond after 2 or 4 hours and closes the chat saying 'we didn't heard from you'. These banks developed this system to answer whenever they want, this feeling I'm getting now.

All while Citi the once upon a time best now ask me to wait even 25mins. and disconnects or switch to another agent saying 'unable to fetch my details' even after connect, another 5 to 10 mins.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Case Study: Amex IVR - Don't fix something that's not broken!

I recently called Amex customer care number and the IVR experience to me felt a downhill path Amex took.
  1. Amex India has jumped on the AI bandwagon and now it's asking us to voice out our queries, which for obvious reasons isn't up to the mark.
  2. The most frustrating part is that one has to enter all 15 digits of your card. In my case I upgraded from Gold Charge to Plat Charge (yes, i took the 135K offer). When I was on GC, my card number was not required but now after the upgrade, not sure if it's the IVR or my card upgrade. I've to enter the 15 digit number in full.
I really love the Axis Burgundy experience, no BS - just straight to customer care executive. Which Amex had something similar for Plat charge folks.

My rant, with love!
1RC
Growing plat charge numbers is the reason I believe for this. Honestly plat charge exp is okay so far not that great. Only USP is memberships and a few priviliges.

abhiver

TF Premier
AMEX chat support is to be honest, not helpful and I feel they put their newly hired people into chat support, who have no idea about benefits provided by amex.

On phone support, i usually didn't required to enter full card number if calling from registered mobile number, but they do ask for my DOB and CVV for verification, which sounds odd from AMEX.

abhiver

TF Premier
Growing plat charge numbers is the reason I believe for this. Honestly plat charge exp is okay so far not that great. Only USP is memberships and a few priviliges.
But in 60K they can easily hire a dedicated customer support, and one support staff can serve easily 20-30 clients per month.

Membership fee of 30 card holder is equals to 18lakh per annum without tax.