• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara Angel Account for women (LTF Rupay Platinum Card + Insurance and other perks)

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
Canara Bank has recently launched a woman specific savings account, *Canara Angel.*

The account consists of features like complimentary Cancer Care insurance and Personal Accident Insurance (PAI). The account also includes LTF Rupay Platinum card features like airport lounge access, Free Health Check Up and exclusive offers from top brands like *Urban Company,* *Amazon,* *Myntra,* *Swiggy* and *BookMyShow.*

Other account features include zero charges for *SMS/NEFT/IMPS/RTGS* transactions, unlimited locker operations, Family Banking service and discounts on locker rent.

This variant is useful for getting free Rupay Platinum Card for spouse, mother etc. with minimum Quarterly Avg Balance. Leaflet enclosed.

Attachments

• edu_1_angel.jpg
    edu_1_angel.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20240423_140958_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240423_140958_Chrome.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
union bank has this already: https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/union-samriddhi-sb-account-for-women.aspx

free rupay platinum & 50% off on locker rent on just 15k MAB. i think Union is much better

seems like canara just copied it, with worse requirements?
Canara is better:
Canara has Rupay Platinum DC LTF for all variants
For UBI, only the DC issue charge is waived off, AMC is charged (according to docs online)

https://www.indianbank.in/departments/ib-mahila-shakti-for-women/

looks like Indian Bank Woman's account too has ltf rupay platinum and MAB is just 1k

can anyone confirm this ?
Indian Bank seems good for getting another Rupay Platinum DC. Only 1000 MAB and Rupay Platinum is LTF

Last edited:

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does anyone have any idea wrt the following scenario
Wife has Canara Angel Lavender variant (30K MAB). Husband has Canara Bank SB Power Plus (1L MAB) Will the husband's 1L MAB account get converted to a 0 MAB account?

ritwik2000

TF Premier
Canara is better:
Canara has Rupay Platinum DC LTF for all variants
For UBI, only the DC issue charge is waived off, AMC is charged (according to docs online)

Indian Bank seems good for getting another Rupay Platinum DC. Only 1000 MAB and Rupay Platinum is LTF
Need proper confirmation for the Indian bank. Cc Wale don't have proper info

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Need proper confirmation for the Indian bank. Cc Wale don't have proper info

My branch denied having this account variant

They only know two accounts
Bsbda and 1k wala

If someone has a genuine need for the a/c and is a woman/wants to open on behalf of a woman, perhaps they could try this option?
Then maybe we would see if such an a/c exists. I'm beginning to think it doesn't because that page was last updated in 2021, so maybe they cancelled that account variant

Navneeth09

TF Buzz
When I contacted the canara helpline to ask about Angel account, they were unaware of account features, put me on hold to open up their website and read all points. When I asked about the complementary zero balance family banking, they told to ask nearby branch. When I contacted branch, they are saying the complementary accounts will be bsbda or similar and were unsure of DC annual charge waiver.