• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can we create our own community-backed courier network?

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
Like people share they are going from USA to India for eg. Then If someone wants to get any item from USA shipped, can request the person to get?

Probably there are some safety issues here... but people share their location on Social media all the time lol.

An App would really smooth out the process but I want to know if there is enough traction first?

Tejo

TF Legend
Like people share they are going from USA to India for eg. Then If someone wants to get any item from USA shipped, can request the person to get?

Probably there are some safety issues here... but people share their location on Social media all the time lol.

An App would really smooth out the process but I want to know if there is enough traction first?
If you can trust that person.

@heyabhinav I hope you should tweet this in twitter or quora

gunnerTH

TF Buzz

Apart from location, the major safety issue would be what the person who wants to ship something hands over to the carrier... The parcel needs to be open and not packed so the person carring it has assurance that no contraband is there but that again raises privacy issue for the person who is sending or receiving it.

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
in BMTFT people seem to charge 10% of the purchase, most just want electronics. (1-10kg)... I don't know if that is worth it,I mean customs + shipping will probably be less than 10% if a product is too costly like iphone 14 pro max?

beingmohit

TF Premier
in BMTFT people seem to charge 10% of the purchase, most just want electronics. (1-10kg)... I don't know if that is worth it,I mean customs + shipping will probably be less than 10% if a product is too costly like iphone 14 pro max?
I don't think the customs and shipping would be that low TBH. I am quite confident it would be much more than 10%