• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can my HDFC bank credit card application still be rejected even I got "approved in principle" ?

In February I applied for the HDFC Bank credit card ( I don't know which variant it was, because the agents called me about it), but it was rejected for reasons unknown. Now, recently, to be exact on 9th of April they called me again and told me that based on some internal checks HDFC bank is "rEaSseSSing" my application. Now, all i had to do was to give my Aadhaar and PAN to them and they specifically asked me to tell the bank employees that I have submitted these documents physically (again for reasons unknown), so I told them exactly that. On 12th I got the approved in principle message and then today I checked the status online and it shows DECLINE. I am now just fed up of these agents and HDFC bank !!

On a separate note, what is up with the bank's tracking system. It always shows details not found but after multiple entries it starts to show the data normally !?