• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BoB BAroda Home Loan advantage/overdraft/Maxgain

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have a home loan from BoB - Baroda Premium Home Loan Advantage, which is basically an overdraft HL like SBI Maxgain, linked to a savings account and the interest is charged only on the reduced principal adjusted after the balance in the linked savings account.

For fellow people who have same HL, how do you track whether the interest charged is correct or not? Is there any excel/google sheet where we manually enter the details and it should give us the principal amount, interest amount, tenure etc etc.
The amortization schedule generated from the netbanking shows the default one at the time of disbursal and not account the prepayments - basically it's static and not dynamic.

Last edited:

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can try this website
Thanks. I've tried using these online calculators and google sheets. But the problem is practically, in last 3 years, the ROI changed 4-5 times and these calculators doesn't consider this factor. Or am I missing something? How to handle this situation?

darshanbafna

TF Buzz
I have a home loan from BoB - Baroda Premium Home Loan Advantage, which is basically an overdraft HL like SBI Maxgain, linked to a savings account and the interest is charged only on the reduced principal adjusted after the balance in the linked savings account.

For fellow people who have same HL, how do you track whether the interest charged is correct or not? Is there any excel/google sheet where we manually enter the details and it should give us the principal amount, interest amount, tenure etc etc.
The amortization schedule generated from the netbanking shows the default one at the time of disbursal and not account the prepayments - basically it's static and not dynamic.
You can go to branch and request for detailed statement, it has interest amount calculation for each set of days during the month depending on balance in savings account. They will provide detailed breakup

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

There is detailed Excel sheet available on Bob net banking, i accessed it a year ago. Do some research u will find it.

wiizzard

TF Buzz
You can in theory manually calculate it on Excel. Practically, I wouldn't worry about it, if there is an issue, then it would affect lot of people, so someone will figure that out eventually anyway.
If you are still focused on this, then you can calculate for a given month in a Excel by putting the daily outstanding balance and calculating daily interest

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There is detailed Excel sheet available on Bob net banking, i accessed it a year ago. Do some research u will find it.
If you have accessed it, please tell me. I did a lot of research and couldn't find, that's why posted here.
These are the only options I can see on netbanking, and none of them shows what i am looking for.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.24.26 PM.png

urboss

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I think Maxgain charges some 0.30% more than the regular home loan rate. Does BoB also do that for this PHLA?
I am not sure, but yes. I initially had normal HL and later converted it to advantage and also negotiated on some discount when the ROI shooted till 9.4% at one time.

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you have accessed it, please tell me. I did a lot of research and couldn't find, that's why posted here.
These are the only options I can see on netbanking, and none of them shows what i am looking for.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.24.26 PM.png
Check the repayment schedule & Compare it with the payment deducted next month, You will get a clear idea, of the diff. The amount is the interest u saved on the savings balance