• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bill payment of father's credit card from my savings account

gobsy

TF Select
Hi. I have HDFC savings account with platinum debit card. If I pay bill for my father's axis credit card from my savings account will it attract incurr any tax?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In my opinion, if the credit card payment for the entire financial year would exceed 10 lac, only then an entry will be made in your father's AIS stating that x amt was paid to a credit card company.

If the amount is under 10 lac, there should be no harm in you paying your father's cc bill using your savings a/c. There will be no tax.

gobsy

TF Select
In my opinion, if the credit card payment for the entire financial year would exceed 10 lac, only then an entry will be made in your father's AIS stating that x amt was paid to a credit card company.

If the amount is under 10 lac, there should be no harm in you paying your father's cc bill using your savings a/c. There will be no tax.
That would be nice. He wouldn't have to open a savings account just for paying bill.

gautamcool

TF Premier
That would be nice. He wouldn't have to open a savings account just for paying bill.
If you have classic and above accounts, then you can start an 0 MAB add on account with the same variant for your father. The add on account will receive the same benefit incl Platinum debit card