• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beware ⚠️ - LazyPay Scams at Peak - Closure?

D₹V

TF Prestige
Guys, recently LazyPay & other BNPL scams have increased drastically!!

Reason of scams:

1. Easy to access account via OTP
2. Once accessed, can be spent any amount without OTP on partner merchant.
3. And once linked you can't delink until you have access to that merchant account i.e. Swiggy like we have an option to delink in Paytm/Amazon app settings.

Recent Incident:
1. In different forum, one guy's LazyPay account someone linked with Swiggy, he has iPhone so there is no chance of malicious APK install (maybe he shared OTP) and got scammed approx 150k in parts on Swiggy. He has raised the complaint to Swiggy & LazyPay both but we all know the support team of these platforms.

Screenshot_20231204-142023.png

2. In another incident, one guys receives spam call & asks OTPs to block transaction, which is obviously a scam. But thankfully he didn't enter OTP.

Screenshot_20231204-141957.png Screenshot_20231204-132119.png

Another reason of scams I believe is SMS apps, most SMS apps give in-notification copy option. We get so reliable that we do not read the full SMS like where this OTP come from Swiggy itself or aadhar?, what's the transaction amount, etc & just paste the OTP in payment/login page. We should practice reading full SMS before pasting OTP.

I strongly recommend to close LazyPay Pay Later account! But why?;

1. No specific offers
2. No merchant coverage i.e. select merchants
3. Show as personal loan in CICs which is nowhere gonna help for credit mix ( credit mix = unsecured + secured loans/credit ≠ unsecured loan + unsecured credit).

For example you want to order a product on Myntra. You can easily get Myntra GV on 8-15%* off from many sources, so why would you loose 8-15% savings by using LazyPay or FK Pay later or any pay later?? Hope you got my point.

These BNPLs not gonna help you in building your credit profile, instead choos an unsecured/secured credit card.

Bonus:
If you close the LazyPay BNPL today, it'll be marked as closed by end of this month. As per executive, Lazypay reports all the data to CICs on 5th of month. It'll take 15 days to reflect in CICs i.e. CIBIL. So, I believe this (4th Dec) is the auspicious day to close this loan 😂.

Steps to close:

1. Call 02269821111
2. Tell them you want to close the lazypay account permanently (not temporarily) & want NOC for the agent.
3. Agent will ask you reasons which you know well 😉.
4. He will close the lazypay account immediately & you'll receive email for the same.
5. Don't login on LazyPay now & you'll never to able to sign on LazyPay again.

Thank you 😊 for reading the whole thread ❤️.
Be alert, be safe 🙏.

Last edited:

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
You already have a RBL card. That automatically rules you out for LazyPay and Bankbazaar RBL cobranded cards.

Only easily available card for you will be PLAY card but that's paid one.
PLAY is free you just have to book 10 tickets from BookMyShow with the same number with which your PLAY CC is registered, for BMS superstar the card is free doesn't matter if 10 tickets are booked with PLAY or not, as long as u book 10 tickets its free.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I have two rules for ecommerce transactions:
1. Never add any card details to any site (no matter if it is your dad's site as well).
2. Never enable your devices to read OTPs automatically. These apps have gotten so desperate to read OTPs automatically these days claiming its a matter of convenience. I go to all apps that I know require OTPs and remove SMS permissions if they have it.

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Never enable your devices to read OTPs automatically. These apps have gotten so desperate to read OTPs automatically these days claiming its a matter of convenience. I go to all apps that I know require OTPs and remove SMS permissions if they have it.
Iss sense mein iPhones are really good. I personally switched to Android, but still Apple has really tight permission system.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I'm Using IPhone & my swiggy account Hacked on last Sunday. I was alone the whole day, In afternoon I got a notification call from swiggy but I neglected it as I didn't place any order.
In noon I was getting system calls from swiggy that someone placed order using Lazypay if if I'm doing it enter the OTP on system call. I entered OTPs multiple times in multiple system calls but system said the OTP was not valid. Later I got notification of an order which was not placed my me so I cancelled it somehow. Meanwhile user has requested multiple OTPs so that I was also not able to login into swiggy app.

Hacker was continueouly requesting OTPs so I was not able to login into app till midnight. Later midnight they placed order using lazypay. I got informed by Lazypay mail not by swiggy & I was not able to cancel it on swiggy as I was not logged in & lazypay customare care is avaiable only from 10 AM to 7 PM. After delivery I got order details from swiggy.

Next day I complaint it at Swiggy (after login into app) & Lazypay. Swiggy customer executive respoded(On Chat) that he has forwarded my complaint further & I'll get response in 24-48 Hours. Lazypay customare care executive told me to file a complain on CryberCrime Cell which I've already done. So after forwarding complaint details I got "No Due Certificate" from LazyPay.

On Tuesday I got below reply from swiggy.

I am sorry to inform you that we do not have the option for a refund from our end as we have delivered the order successfully to the mentioned address on the App. I request you to please proceed legally for further assistance.

I think swiggy & lazy both have breach in their security & someone from inside (know the functionlity of both app) is involve in it.

Anyway Lazypay is also not giving any clear response about refund. So I want to know should I've to pay or not in the future?
Probably restaurant is also connected with scamster.

You should proceed legally, complaining against Swiggy, Restaurant & Scamster.

And lastly LazyPay.