• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best option for wallet reload- PayTM vs Mobikwik

psycho2711

TF Buzz
Hi all, I am looking to load a wallet app from my amex plat travel, and use that balance for bill payments. I searched on the forum, but everyone is giving different answers so got confused.
Paytm charges 2.35%, but then later the charge increases. Mobikwik charges 2.95%, but there are some cashback offers (Century something), not sure about its charges.
Could someone kindly suggest between these , which is the overall cheaper option considering all charges and cash backs, in the long run? Amount is around 30k.
Thank you all in advance.

asimkumar

TF Select
RML Group
You can use Mobikwik. Charges are 2.95%. Use coupon code century and get 1% cashback in wallet. Net charges are now 1.95%.
Pay your Amex bill using HDFC Debit Card through HDFC bill pay to get another 1% back. Net charges 0.95%.
Also you will 2 MR points on your wallet reload. At Re 0.5 value/MR point, your net charges are zero. Enjoy.

psycho2711

TF Buzz
You can use Mobikwik. Charges are 2.95%. Use coupon code century and get 1% cashback in wallet. Net charges are now 1.95%.
Pay your Amex bill using HDFC Debit Card through HDFC bill pay to get another 1% back. Net charges 0.95%.
Also you will 2 MR points on your wallet reload. At Re 0.5 value/MR point, your net charges are zero. Enjoy.
Thanks a lot for this. I do have the HDFC platinum debit card. Are there any transaction limits for adding to the wallet, or paying bills/bank transfer?
Also, will this percentage remain fixed, or keep changing like payTM?

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot for this. I do have the HDFC platinum debit card. Are there any transaction limits for adding to the wallet, or paying bills/bank transfer?
Also, will this percentage remain fixed, or keep changing like payTM?
Keep in mind that HDFC billpay gives 1% CB only upto 750 INR per month. So, you don't get 1% CB for credit card payments north of 75,000 INR.

abhiver

TF Premier
Is it? So if I load my wallet via amex card, and then transfer that amount to my bank account, my card will get blocked? Is there mentioned somewhere in their terms and conditions...
Your card will be blocked only on Mobikwik. I used IDFC card and it got blocked after 4 transactions. The card is okay to use on other platform.
I am waiting for it to unblocked, may be next month it will get unblocked.

abhiver

TF Premier
And needless to say Paytm will increase their convivence charge to approximately 4.5% from 2.53%. Also they can put their surveillance bot to stop further adding, specially if they have any cashback going on

psycho2711

TF Buzz
Your card will be blocked only on Mobikwik. I used IDFC card and it got blocked after 4 transactions. The card is okay to use on other platform.
I am waiting for it to unblocked, may be next month it will get unblocked.
Yeah on mobikwik itself, so this can't be a regular thing to use? like adding money via credit card and shifting to bank, what even is the use of transfer feature then. I'm already paying fees while charging with CC.

abhiver

TF Premier
Agree, welcome to the mysterious world of credit card.

Remember in 2020 and 2021, we have seen so many startups offering / encouraging Rent on Credit Card facility to every one. Every agent use to lure customer with Rent on CC, Lounge Access and wallet load offers of Credit card. Now within 2 year that program break the bank so much that not even they stopped the reward points, but they also start charging extra for these services.

In a very short span of time, benefits become burden for these banks.

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Remember in 2020 and 2021, we have seen so many startups offering / encouraging Rent on Credit Card facility to every one. Every agent use to lure customer with Rent on CC, Lounge Access and wallet load offers of Credit card. Now within 2 year that program break the bank so much that not even they stopped the reward points, but they also start charging extra for these services.

Are you able to use mobikwik wallet to pay credit card bills? It is not showing that as an available option in my MobiKwik account

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Yes, in short it called luring , and getting hooked into their systems for ease of doing transactions for their benefit..
Everything seems normal

Last edited:

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Century promo code has upper limit of 100. so any amount more than 10K is not going to translate into net charge of zero.