• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Credit Card for International Transactions

Hi,

I want to know which card is good for International transactions. I have recently moved to US but due to bad credit score I cannot get any US super premium credit cards which offers good reward rate or sign up bonus. So I want to stick to my existing Indian cards for now for all my purchases. Which card should give me the maximum value back

Cards in my Wallet

AMEX Platinum
AXIS Reserve
AXIS Magus

Thanks,
Nithin

vishalm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Axis Reserve with Burgundy you get 12% for foreign spends and 6% without Burgundy. Forex charges 1.5% plus gst

For Amex Platinum you get 7.2%. but you get forex charges added up by 3.5% Plus gst

There is a hack there in USA. Example If use ur card in castco you get rewards. If you are returning something you can take that refund on any card of ur choice need not be same card but you will spend forex fee

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Depending on where you are swiping the card and the current offers(milestone/brand partners), either of the Amex Platinum and Axis Reserve should fetch you great reward points.

Also, since you already have Amex, you can call Amex US and apply for a US Amex Card, they will issue you on the basis of your Indian credit profile.