• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card to withdraw foreign currency

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
ive booked a an intnl hotel using MMT for my trip in a couple of months time and now they are offering me Bookmyforex Yes bank card free, should i go for it or go for any other forex card?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
ive booked a an intnl hotel using MMT for my trip in a couple of months time and now they are offering me Bookmyforex Yes bank card free, should i go for it or go for any other forex card?
Yeah you can go for it. Just make sure it is the interbank rate forex card. It works just like the Niyo global card. You load in inr and spend in foreign currency.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah you can go for it. Just make sure it is the interbank rate forex card. It works just like the Niyo global card. You load in inr and spend in foreign currency.
1681140121373.png
this is what the mail has!

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
This is the one. Just keep in mind that you'll have to load it at least one day in advance. It does take some time to credit to your card. Also, you may get a bad rates on currencies that are not popularly traded(like Vietnamese dong, Indonesian rupiah) so consider that as well. But you do get good rates for USD, GBP, EUR, AED, CAD, SGD and other major currencies.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is the one. Just keep in mind that you'll have to load it at least one day in advance. It does take some time to credit to your card. Also, you may get a bad rates on currencies that are not popularly traded(like Vietnamese dong, Indonesian rupiah) so consider that as well. But you do get good rates for USD, GBP, EUR, AED, CAD, SGD and other major currencies.
thanks!! my trip is sometime away so will book the card accordingly

So I'm jumping on the bookmyforex bandwagon. I selected my cash & forex card amounts.

When I go to the next page, it gives me 2 options to make the payment - NEFT/RTGS or CASH. And is asking me to make a 5% or so unfront payment to lock the rate. They prefer I pay that through UPI however I do get the option to pay that 5% with my CC.

My question is - how do I pay the balance on my CC? Will they give me an option to do that?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So I'm jumping on the bookmyforex bandwagon. I selected my cash & forex card amounts.

When I go to the next page, it gives me 2 options to make the payment - NEFT/RTGS or CASH. And is asking me to make a 5% or so unfront payment to lock the rate. They prefer I pay that through UPI however I do get the option to pay that 5% with my CC.

My question is - how do I pay the balance on my CC? Will they give me an option to do that?
good question!

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

When I tried last time, payments were permissible only through UPI, Netbanking and NEFT/RTGS. Maybe check with customer care.

So far I haven't come across Forex card that allow payments using cc. That's most likely because the margins in forex are quite slim(1-3%) and the MDR fees won't be justified

Hmmm... I thought they BMF sold it on credit card with a 2.5% charge. They do allow you to pay the upfront fees on card though. Which is weird.