• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis ER Redemption Idea

saurav148

TF Buzz
Hi guys. Long time lurker here but posting for the first time.

Just wanted to share my recent redemption for 2x Business class tickets on DEL-HEL route.

Sector: DEL-HEL
Cabin: Business
Cost: 61,200 miles + 2524 INR Taxes Per Person
Airline: Finnair
FF Program: Qantas FF
Transferred from: Axis Magnus ER + Atlas EM

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.09.01 PM.png

As awesome as Axis Bank credit card rewards program has been recently, there is no use of those miles and points if its not put to good use before inevitable devaluation. I had raked in over 150k points in just a few months of getting the Magnus and Atlas duo.

Now comes the itch for a sweet redemption. Started searching for premium award seats on Axis transfer partners (United, KF, Air Canada, Qantas etc), when suddenly I found availability on the above flight in my Anniversary week. Flying into Finland would allow us to explore our bucket list destination LAPLAND and hunt for the mysterious Aurora Borealis.

Being an avgeek, I was aware of Finnair's revolutionary new business class product. I just wanted to make sure that Finnair flies this product on their DEL-HEL route and after a bit of searching online, I found out that Finnair does indeed fly their new business class product on DEL-HEL sector.

The miles shown were 61200 and just Rs. 2524 in taxes. Sweet! At the time of posting the revenue flight for this seat is valued at Rs. 1,59,732 per person, thus, giving me an incredible valuation of over Rs. 2.5/mile. Time to confirm my seats.

I just had to transfer my Axis points to Qantas FF and redeem them for the tickets. I expected the transfer to take 1-3 working days. However, to my surprise, the miles were transferred instantly even though I made the transfer request on a Sunday!

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.34.24 PM.png

After the points transfer, the booking process was pretty straight forward and I even used my Atlas card for the taxes part giving me 5x miles on taxes as the booking was processed directly by the Airline (Qantas).

IMG_0920.jpg

Now comes the hard part, THE WAIT. I will share the travel experience once I complete this trip.

Purpose of this thread: Due to the popularity of Axis cards there are numerous posts, articles and videos regarding earning maximum points on Axis cards. However, I did not find many actual redemption ideas/posts. The purpose of this thread is to shed some light on actual transferring and booking experiences on one of Axis partners.

I also encourage others to share their real life experience in utilizing their points (Axis or any other) to give all of us more ideas for future redemptions.

Happy collecting and redeeming!

Saurav

PS: The route booked by me still has good availability on many dates, if anyone else wants to book this route.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Good redemption but via AA same flight was available for 42500 points though there are no transfer partners from indian cc

saurav148

TF Buzz
Good redemption but via AA same flight was available for 42500 points though there are no transfer partners from indian cc
AA is no doubt one of the best programs out there for cheap redemptions.

But yes no transfer partners from India :cautious:, so useless for us.

If HDFC somehow manages to rope in AA as a transfer partner they might get a fighting chance against the mighty Magnus.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
AA is no doubt one of the best programs out there for cheap redemptions.

But yes no transfer partners from India :cautious:, so useless for us.

If HDFC somehow manages to rope in AA as a transfer partner they might get a fighting chance against the mighty Magnus.
Its very difficult, since AA is limited to only bonvoy.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys. Long time lurker here but posting for the first time.

Just wanted to share my recent redemption for 2x Business class tickets on DEL-HEL route.

Sector: DEL-HEL
Cabin: Business
Cost: 61,200 miles + 2524 INR Taxes Per Person
Airline: Finnair
FF Program: Qantas FF
Transferred from: Axis Magnus ER + Atlas EM

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.09.01 PM.png

As awesome as Axis Bank credit card rewards program has been recently, there is no use of those miles and points if its not put to good use before inevitable devaluation. I had raked in over 150k points in just a few months of getting the Magnus and Atlas duo.

Now comes the itch for a sweet redemption. Started searching for premium award seats on Axis transfer partners (United, KF, Air Canada, Qantas etc), when suddenly I found availability on the above flight in my Anniversary week. Flying into Finland would allow us to explore our bucket list destination LAPLAND and hunt for the mysterious Aurora Borealis.

Being an avgeek, I was aware of Finnair's revolutionary new business class product. I just wanted to make sure that Finnair flies this product on their DEL-HEL route and after a bit of searching online, I found out that Finnair does indeed fly their new business class product on DEL-HEL sector.

The miles shown were 61200 and just Rs. 2524 in taxes. Sweet! At the time of posting the revenue flight for this seat is valued at Rs. 1,59,732 per person, thus, giving me an incredible valuation of over Rs. 2.5/mile. Time to confirm my seats.

I just had to transfer my Axis points to Qantas FF and redeem them for the tickets. I expected the transfer to take 1-3 working days. However, to my surprise, the miles were transferred instantly even though I made the transfer request on a Sunday!

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.34.24 PM.png

After the points transfer, the booking process was pretty straight forward and I even used my Atlas card for the taxes part giving me 5x miles on taxes as the booking was processed directly by the Airline (Qantas).

IMG_0920.jpg

Now comes the hard part, THE WAIT. I will share the travel experience once I complete this trip.

Purpose of this thread: Due to the popularity of Axis cards there are numerous posts, articles and videos regarding earning maximum points on Axis cards. However, I did not find many actual redemption ideas/posts. The purpose of this thread is to shed some light on actual transferring and booking experiences on one of Axis partners.

I also encourage others to share their real life experience in utilizing their points (Axis or any other) to give all of us more ideas for future redemptions.

Happy collecting and redeeming!

Saurav

PS: The route booked by me still has good availability on many dates, if anyone else wants to book this route.
Avoid providing the exact dates of your travel on public forums.