• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Atlas v HDFC DCP

avndp

TF Buzz
Currently, I've the following cards:

Amazon ICICI - 1l
Axis Ace - 1l
HDFC Neu+ - 50k

All the above three cards taken 3 months back. My salary is 70k - public sector.

I'm thinking to apply for Atlas, but I think it requires 9L income criteria. I'm meeting the Diners Club Privilege criteria of 70k monthly salary but the card seems to be less attractive.

Should I wait or apply for DCP? Please suggest.

Sleepyk

TF Buzz

Amazon ICICI - 1l
Axis Ace - 1l
HDFC Neu+ - 50k

All the above three cards taken 3 months back. My salary is 70k - public sector.

I'm thinking to apply for Atlas, but I think it requires 9L income criteria. I'm meeting the Diners Club Privilege criteria of 70k monthly salary but the card seems to be less attractive.

Do you have any specific use in mind for Diners Club Privilege? Why not get Millenia instead, build up your credit limits and go for Atlas eventually.

avndp

TF Buzz
Do you have any specific use in mind for Diners Club Privilege? Why not get Millenia instead, build up your credit limits and go for Atlas eventually.

Thinking DCP for HDFC Smartbuy 5X for vouchers and eventual upgrade to DCB. But I just read somewhere that HDFC won't give a card after taking a cobranded card. Is that true?

Sleepyk

TF Buzz
Thinking DCP for HDFC Smartbuy 5X for vouchers and eventual upgrade to DCB. But I just read somewhere that HDFC won't give a card after taking a cobranded card. Is that true?
It's not that they won't give you a card. But it gets more difficult to get a core card if your first card is a cobranded one. Most people end up getting rejected when they apply for a core card, and when they get approved, they get an inferior card with low limits.
But it's fine. HDFC cards are overhyped at this point. Aim for getting Atlas.

Sleepyk

TF Buzz
OP you can also consider getting Amex. Read up on Rewards Multiplier and monthly spends required for MRCC/Gold charge. LMK if you need an invite, which will waive your first year fee.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Amazon ICICI - 1l
Axis Ace - 1l
HDFC Neu+ - 50k

Take ur salary slip , ITR out .
Mail axis bank for dissapoitment over 1 lakh limit & ask them to provide 2-3 lakh limit atleast based on salary .

If they reply in automated voice right back with clarity in good threat tone .

Once u get 1.5 lakh limit ..
U call axis cc team & say u want Atlas they will give u with otp