• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Bank Pre-approved Credit Card - Experience?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just got an SMS earlier today, on a family member's phone, quoted below

Congrats! You've got a pre-approved AU Bank Credit Card loaded with irresistible offers. To apply, click https://bit.ly/2ZAZAsY For support, call your RM at 07935036770 -AU BankNumber

Herein, wanted to know if anyone has applied for Pre-approved Credit Card with AU Bank?

If yes, please confirm if CIBIL hard enquiry is done or not?

Ideally for pre-approved cards, no CIBIL check is done. But then AU Bank is notorious that they check for CIBIL score even when PIN Code is not serviceable and hence checking with fellow users.

Thanks in advance

hriday.haria

TF Premier
I clicked by applying from there itself. My bank branch people did. But they did it in front of me and via that link.
Then I guess it might be something related to the variant. As in, it could be that the pre-approved offer was for some other card variant, but applied for some other variant via Branch ?

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Exactly, same here ... No CIBIL Enquiry.
Also maybe there was a CIBIL Enquiry as you applied from the Branch.
I remember that my LTF Eligibility for HDFC Millenia while applying was "complete application end-to-end without help of any representative".
And while filling the application, there was a check-box to be ticked "Are you helped by any Bank Employee/Representative ?"

So that could be the difference. Screenshot_4.png

hriday.haria

TF Premier
But yes, they did enter two employee codes in my application. I don't know whether that made a difference. My card is LTF though.
Yes I guess it does make a difference. To be sure, you need to have a screenshot of the TnC for the variant you have.
Also, you wouldn't have received any Gift Vouchers if applicable while joining.

cherryj1988

TF Select
But yes, they did enter two employee codes in my application. I don't know whether that made a difference. My card is LTF though.
There's a high chance it might not be LTF if they entered their code OR took ur application number to be processed. Because then it will come under the bank quota and not the online quota :) Good chance it's first yr free and youll be charged after the first yr (unless ofc u fulfilled some other spend criteria or something else to make it LTF)

Bob78900

TF Premier
Well I'm definitely satisfying the spending criteria. I'm really wondering how I'll be sure whether it's really LTF or not.

They did enter their code. I really really didn't know how these work otherwise I wouldn't have let them enter their code. They didn't take any application number though.

How would I know whether it's really LTF? It atleast was supposed to be LTF according to the offer :/ . I guess I can just hope it's LTF and move on.

Atleast I'm happy that I came to know about these things because this forum exists. Anyhow.
Just mail hdfc bank or call customer care and ask them your card is LTF or not

swastik2233

TF Select
No, not true. For my HDFC pre approved offer, both Cibil and Experian enquiry was done.
Only cc which didn't do any cibil enquiry was Kotak league which they were giving me as pre-approved LTF , but now their customer care told that it's not LTF and i will be charged renewal fee after 1 yr.

So i upgraded it to mojo that was offered to me as upgrade with no joining charge.
May upgrade it another card before the year ends , keep going like this.

yolofino

TF Premier
I opened account in Jan 2022. Digital savings account. Did not more than 15 transactions till now, mostly NEFT fund transfer only. Maintained less than 500 balance.

CIBIL is 792. Got pre-approved offer for Altura+. Not LTF. Bangalore pincode.

Applied through the link mentioned in the SMS. Only PAN number was asked. No docs, no proof. No cibil hit yet. Applied 4 days ago and today I received the card in my hand.

Very similar to the IDFC pre-approved offer which I got 1 year back.

So far One Card, IDFC and AU's credit card department has not asked me for any docs and all these cards were pre-approved for me.

cherryj1988

TF Select
Well I'm definitely satisfying the spending criteria. I'm really wondering how I'll be sure whether it's really LTF or not.

They did enter their code. I really really didn't know how these work otherwise I wouldn't have let them enter their code. They didn't take any application number though.

How would I know whether it's really LTF? It atleast was supposed to be LTF according to the offer :/ . I guess I can just hope it's LTF and move on.

Atleast I'm happy that I came to know about these things because this forum exists. Anyhow.
if its LTF when u get it, it will be mentioned in the documentation.
when u fulfil any of the criteria and convert it to LTF , it will reflect in one of ur statements in some way where LTF will be mentioned.
They will add one reward point or something on those lines but it basically for them also to have some kind of transactional proof for future down the line that ur card was made LTF in this particular month .

Attachments

• SS HDFC LTF.png
    SS HDFC LTF.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 48

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

I guess, now a days even for a Limit increment for an existing credit card enquiry happens.
I applied manually to increase the limit for a 4 year old Sapphiro & they made an enquiry for a Re:1 at Cibil!!!!

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

I guess, now a days even for a Limit increment for an existing credit card enquiry happens.
I applied manually to increase the limit for a 4 year old Sapphiro & they made an enquiry for a Re:1 at Cibil!!!!
Hmmm, this is interesting!

I have never manually applied for LE, always via offer over email/sms/net-banking. So didn't observe this