• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU bank Excite Card using Swipe up program worth?

Aditya12

TF Premier
I got it only because they offered Xcite Ultra with a limit of 4.95L on my Regalia with limit 3.3L. I might now use this AU Xcite Ultra after a few months to get some good premium card offline on c2c. I know people have been getting CC like Axis Magnus from agents on c2c if they have an old cc with limit more than 3-4L.

Plus it offers 1+1 movie on Paytm (upto 200) which I might use sometimes.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Was trying to apply for AU Zenith, but as I had earlier tried to apply through the Swipeup portal, it ended giving me an offer for AU Xcite Ultra. Didn't finish the application, as I wanted to see if I can still get Zenith LTF as I work in a Central Government institution. Also, before going into VKYC, it asked for uploading address proofe other than Aadhar. My Aadhar and other official documents have my permanent address that is different to my current residential address. What can be done in that situation?

Patil007

TF Ace
I have 5 lakh limit in cibil and 803 score still they offered me Xcite ACE, didn’t proceed with the application.

Mailed them to delete the lead ID but they are saying process the application.

I want Zenith.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
AU isn't great on the accessibility front. They said the VKYC can't be processed online as I happen to be blind. Didn't have difficulties with SCB, Amex and IDFC as they needed only your photo and the photo of your PAN card. HDFC wanted signature too, and they send an executive for home visit to do the same. AU says they can't do that and that I have to go to the branch to do the KYC. Think i'll drop it, seems too much hassle

yolofino

TF Premier
AU isn't great on the accessibility front. They said the VKYC can't be processed online as I happen to be blind. Didn't have difficulties with SCB, Amex and IDFC as they needed only your photo and the photo of your PAN card. HDFC wanted signature too, and they send an executive for home visit to do the same. AU says they can't do that and that I have to go to the branch to do the KYC. Think i'll drop it, seems too much hassle
Sorry to hear that.

If possible, please mail to higher ups in AU bank so that they learn and improve their systems in future.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Sorry to hear that.

If possible, please mail to higher ups in AU bank so that they learn and improve their systems in future.
Decided to take it up after I got to know they did it with another friend too. He too have cards issued by 9 other banks! What AU is doing is not at all in line with RBI/IBA regulations and guidelines. Hopefully, the message will get through and they'll sort themselves out.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. Of the 13 cards I have now, at least half came through after struggles and fights.
SBI, Amex, IDFC, Federal were quite smooth. SCB and PNB were fine after initial difficulties. HDFC was smooth for the first, and slow in the 2nd. Axis, ICICI with the first card, RBL and IndusInd at the outset were quite difficult. Lets see what the deal is going to be with AU.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Decided to take it up after I got to know they did it with another friend too. He too have cards issued by 9 other banks! What AU is doing is not at all in line with RBI/IBA regulations and guidelines. Hopefully, the message will get through and they'll sort themselves out.
Thank you for your support and encouragement. Of the 13 cards I have now, at least half came through after struggles and fights.
SBI, Amex, IDFC, Federal were quite smooth. SCB and PNB were fine after initial difficulties. HDFC was smooth for the first, and slow in the 2nd. Axis, ICICI with the first card, RBL and IndusInd at the outset were quite difficult. Lets see what the deal is going to be with AU.

Just an update on this. Finally I seem to be reaching somewhere with AU Bank. Got a lawyer activist friend working in the disability sector involved, he took it up with the top management, and explained to them as to how their policies are violative of RBI and IBA guidelines. So eventually they did provide me doorstep banking by sending an executive home, and though the process took some time, got the card approved and I have just received the tracking info message. Haven't got the card in hand, but hopefully now there shouldn't be much difficulties. And hopefully, other persons with disabilities applying, should have things easier...