• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Around 10000 rupees cashback still pending and not credited

booklover

TF Buzz
Hi folks, I have around 10k rupees cashback that has not been credited for purchases on Amazon ICICI credit card. I have written to both Amazon and ICICI multiple times but haven't got any resolution. ICICI says that my Amazon account is deactivated and Amazon says that the card itself is deactivated. However, in reality, both the card and amazon account are active. Please advise on how to proceed.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi folks, I have around 10k rupees cashback that has not been credited for purchases on Amazon ICICI credit card. I have written to both Amazon and ICICI multiple times but haven't got any resolution. ICICI says that my Amazon account is deactivated and Amazon says that the card itself is deactivated. However, in reality, both the card and amazon account are active. Please advise on how to proceed.
are you able to make transactions with your card?
if not then your card is blocked maybe temp till pending review and change of permanent block

_amit_

TF Premier
You says its active and the issuer of the card (ICICI) and the platform (Amazon) says your card and/or account is deactivated.

Can you make the transaction using your card and use your amazon account? If yes, then confirm with them what deactivation means.
Also the amount of cashback is high, so also confirm if they are reviewing it.

booklover

TF Buzz
😲 wow.
Directly complain on rbi ombudsman for both icici and amazon.
Also possible that they may have closed your card due to commercial/business use.
No, the card is not closed. Amazon and ICICI service is pathetic. They can't seem to communicate with each other. For whatever reason, I never got the cashback.

I'll try to complain on ombudsman. So I can raise a single complaint against both ICICI and amazon?

booklover

TF Buzz
are you able to make transactions with your card?
if not then your card is blocked maybe temp till pending review and change of permanent block
Yes, I am able to make transactions. I made a transaction on amazon using the amazon icici card in the month of Feb 2024 and even the statement was generated.

I sent a screenshot of the statement as well to ICICI but still they are saying amazon account is closed.

Last edited:

booklover

TF Buzz
What did you purchase??
I brought an expensive monitor and laptop among other things. I used to buy a lot of stuff on amazon. I also used the card for offline purchases.

Most of the cashback was earned in December 2022 and January 2023. In December 2022, I earned 2401 cashback. And in January 2023, I earned 7720 cashback.