• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Are cibil portal offers any good?

zenchill

TF Select
Has anyone tried applying for a card using offers in cibil portal available for paid members? Does it redirect to the bank’s website or offers any specific advantage? Pls share if anyone has tried.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried applying for a card using offers in cibil portal available for paid members? Does it redirect to the bank’s website or offers any specific advantage? Pls share if anyone has tried.
The offers are mostly based on your credit score and creditworthiness. So the chances of approval & getting a higher credit limit are high and there will be no marketing spams - like when you apply from third-party sites like Bank Bazaar etc. No other benefits.

SonyTom

TF Premier
SBI Cashback card is shown for me along with many other cards. I too was wondering if there is any advantage in applying from the cibil site after logging in for paid subscription.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
SBI Cashback card is shown for me along with many other cards. I too was wondering if there is any advantage in applying from the cibil site after logging in for paid subscriptio.
U can take clue & apply to banks .which are shown.
If u are seeing sbi Cashback/ or other sbi card etc etc .
This does mean u can get sbi card (any- according to eligibility & verification of sbi )
So go ahead with it

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No advantage as such I have concluded. It just redirects to bank as a regular application. Looks like just a gimmick to offer something to paid cibil member (which isn't as useful)
Yes you don't get any additional benefits. But the offers there are more like "pre-qualified" offers. The key unknowns for the banks - your credit score and creditworthiness are already known and based on that you are offered with cards. So in usual circumstances you get the "applied" card.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Its not .. I corrected idfc wrong reporting within 4 days of getting reported in cibil .
Score back to 776
In addition to the subscription fee, this obsession with enquiries is also not worth it, nowadays enquiries doesn't matter.
Without the subscription too, you would have got to know abt the enquiry may be a few days date, and eventually get it removed.
But this is just an obsession to track score realtime, nothing special to be paid 1200 annually for

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In addition to the subscription fee, this obsession with enquiries is also not worth it, nowadays enquiries doesn't matter.
Without the subscription too, you would have got to know abt the enquiry may be a few days date, and eventually get it removed.
But this is just an obsession to track score realtime, nothing special to be paid 1200 annually for
Not enquiry full blown new account was added..not one but 2

Obsession with enquiry - well I don't have .. I have too many if u go by tf standards .
I had 25 enquiry before turning 21 🤣