• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anantara membership

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Do they have separate paid membership?

It is part of GHA Discovery. In India, Leela hotels come under this.

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I’m staying at an Anantara property in September. Booked it via their Vacation Club sales team which was being promoted by the HDFC Imperia concierge of all people.

I can refer you when I’m there if that helps.
They do have some gate-keeping criteria I’ve read.

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I’m staying at an Anantara property in September. Booked it via their Vacation Club sales team which was being promoted by the HDFC Imperia concierge of all people.

I can refer you when I’m there if that helps.
They do have some gate-keeping criteria I’ve read.
I wrote a thread about this on super premium cards group i think a while back. Please cancel if possible, it was such a horrible experience.
Get ready to be bombarded with sales pitch for 15000 USD throughout trip, and if you say "leave me alone", they will treat you like dirt. Only option is to put up with it for 2 nights and get like few hours of privacy in a day because they will be there in the restaurant too.

Booked through same HDFC 3 page stupid PDF which does not warn anything about this. Also once u land in vietnam airport, you can actually see stalls of them which offers exactly same deal, HDFC is not doing any favour. You could be a nobody and still get the same deal unfortunately

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So quick update here. I had a surprisingly pleasant stay at their property. There was the presentation of course, but that was a small part just a day before checkout. They were pushy in the presentation just as any salesperson would be but nothing beyond that. They were happy to take no for an answer. There was no change in the attitude of people in the resort otherwise. so overall a very happy experience at a very reasonable cost. Very good value proposition if I look at it now.

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Oh, I should mention I was in their Koh Samui property and got a two-bedroom suite as part of the deal.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wrote a thread about this on super premium cards group i think a while back. Please cancel if possible, it was such a horrible experience.
Get ready to be bombarded with sales pitch for 15000 USD throughout trip, and if you say "leave me alone", they will treat you like dirt. Only option is to put up with it for 2 nights and get like few hours of privacy in a day because they will be there in the restaurant too.

Booked through same HDFC 3 page stupid PDF which does not warn anything about this. Also once u land in vietnam airport, you can actually see stalls of them which offers exactly same deal, HDFC is not doing any favour. You could be a nobody and still get the same deal unfortunately
is there one more group for super-premium cards.can you tell me how to be a part of that.i do have amex plat charge and magnus.i assume at least plat charge will be considered super premium.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So quick update here. I had a surprisingly pleasant stay at their property. There was the presentation of course, but that was a small part just a day before checkout. They were pushy in the presentation just as any salesperson would be but nothing beyond that. They were happy to take no for an answer. There was no change in the attitude of people in the resort otherwise. so overall a very happy experience at a very reasonable cost. Very good value proposition if I look at it now.
so how much is for a membership.i understand being a timeshare it will vary upon tenure and type of apartment.but if you can explain in a brief.

Guessboy

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
so how much is for a membership.i understand being a timeshare it will vary upon tenure and type of apartment.but if you can explain in a brief.
Their base membership was ~18k USD for 30 years with 6000 points per year. That would have come down to 15k if pushed I think.

The deal I got for this stay was 300 USD for three nights for the two bedroom suite with breakfast.