• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex MRCC 1500x4: Any partial card refunds/ chargebacks undo the Bonus Points/ Miles?

insight

TF Ace
Amex MRCC 1500x4: Any partial card refunds/ chargebacks undo the Bonus Points/ Miles?

UPDATE with more details:

Ok. Thanks. I bought something from a new unknown store using MRCC due to AMEX Chargeback being very diligent.

Made 2 x 1.7k transactions and had the possibility that 1 or 2 items might get returned or exchanged, but wont lead to the FULL TRANSACTIONS being reversed, maybe partially.

Wonder how that plays out, especially if there is no simple way to correlated between the Spend and the Partial Refund.

Last edited:

abhiver

TF Premier
Yes it happened with me last year, when amazon refunded my purchase in my credit card instead of Apay. I was like WTF amazon, but I cannot do much.

Isley ab mein amazon pe voucher add kar ke hi shopping karta huin, unless some card discount is going on.

insight

TF Ace
Ok. Thanks. I bought something from a new unknown store using MRCC due to AMEX Chargeback being very diligent.

Made 2 x 1.7k transactions and had the possibility that 1 or 2 items might get returned or exchanged, but wont lead to the FULL TRANSACTIONS being reversed, maybe partially.

Wonder how that plays out, especially if there is no simple way to correlated between the Spend and the Partial Refund.

AyushJaju

TF Buzz
I don't know about 1.5k x 4
But for 20K even if you return and amount is credited in your statement (total bill due become less than Rs 20k) it is not reversing any bonus point, only normal point of 1 point per Rs 50 is reversed