• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Charge Reward Multiplier Spend Based Offer (Targeted)

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just got this email from American Express:
1713078807810.png
Curiously, I received this email addressed to "Yashendra Shukla Ac", which tells me that this is a targeted offer, as "Ac" stands for Additional Card (I have my main card, and an additional card to classify business expenses to submit easily to my clients easily).

However the Terms and Conditions say that "Offer applicable for basic and supplementary cardmembers.", so YMMV.

As for why I have been targeted, I did fulfill the 24X Reward Multiplier offer back in Jan (https://www.technofino.in/community...jan-2024-offer-24-mr-per-inr-100-spend.21902/), with a total spend of 104,000 to hit the max threshold of 25K points. Maybe that is the reason. I did however make most of the purchases on Plat Travel to double dip and hit the annual milestone.

As per some back of the napkin calculation, assuming 1MR Point = INR 0.50

Spend Amount75,000 spend1,50,000 spend2,50,00 spend
5X points75001500025000
Value of Points3750750012500
e-Voucher3000900020000
Total Value9%11%13%
(Spends of 2,50,000 will hit the monthly Reward Multiplier Threshold)

This seems like a good offer to buy some flight tickets, jewelry or to finally purchase your laptop. I think I will buy a nice engagement ring with this offer :)

Terms and Conditions can be found here: https://www.americanexpress.com/in/benefits/rewards-program/terms-conditions.html however it seems like they have not updated the T&C for the same online.

I am making this post a Wiki, so if you have something to contribute please do so.

Last edited:
Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.