• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CV Points AI booking clubbed under UK booking

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have an upcoming work trip where the onward journey is on UK and the return journey is on AI. After completing the online check-in and linking this trip with my CV ID, the list of upcoming trips in my CV profile shows both the onward and return flights across both airlines. Then I looked at the ticket more closely and saw that indeed the PNR for both journeys is also the same as well. Has this always been the case or does it signal some new development on the approaching merger completion due in the next few months?

shashankrt

TF Premier
I have an upcoming work trip where the onward journey is on UK and the return journey is on AI. After completing the online check-in and linking this trip with my CV ID, the list of upcoming trips in my CV profile shows both the onward and return flights across both airlines. Then I looked at the ticket more closely and saw that indeed the PNR for both journeys is also the same as well. Has this always been the case or does it signal some new development on the approaching merger completion due in the next few months?

This is a new development. Seems like merger of AI and Vistara systems are inching closer!

Why is this a new development? I have had same PNR for flights of different airlines provided that are under same alliance since years.
Unless I am missing something - AI and UK had been part of same alliance even before buyout.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Why is this a new development? I have had same PNR for flights of different airlines provided that are under same alliance since years.
Unless I am missing something - AI and UK had been part of same alliance even before buyout.
AI and UK never had an alliance

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Folks, I had captured screenshots from the respective check-in pages from both airlines for further documentation. The Vistara page does say "AI 604 operated by Air India" which is typically language reserved for codesharing arrangements, and yet usually in codesharing you are allowed to check-in for both legs of the journey on the main site. Make of this what you will, since apparently there's still debate on what's new about all this.

AI.jpeg

UK.jpeg

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Folks, I had captured screenshots from the respective check-in pages from both airlines for further documentation. The Vistara page does say "AI 604 operated by Air India" which is typically language reserved for codesharing arrangements, and yet usually in codesharing you are allowed to check-in for both legs of the journey on the main site. Make of this what you will, since apparently there's still debate on what's new about all this.

AI.jpeg

UK.jpeg
Abosultely, the Abacus/SITA reservation systems have started integrating it seems from last 1-2 months, and that why I said this never used to happen 3-4 months before. This is a step towards integration, nothing to do with code sharing.