• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Agent missold IRCTC Rupay Card

Ecoli8

TF Select
Dear TFFam,

Recently, I was approached by an SBI card agent at Sealdah Railway station, Kolkata, where he said if I would be interested in taking a card. Previous I have avoided similar instances as I was not interested. But this time I had some time, and I got interested. He said I can get a IRCTC Rupay card as LTF with limit ₹2.34L (it was showing on his SBI Card Application App) based on my cibil and on C2C basis. My existing card is HDFC Millennia, ₹1.27L limit. I applied right there, and the card got approved within 1 day.

Things got interesting when I received a sms saying about the yearly charges. And even more when I received the physical card, where it stated the limit as ₹1.02L. Also the joining fees was charged on issuance day (which I found later).

I have already contacted the agent, and he spoke with his superior and said that the final limit was given by SBI card's HQ at Delhi. And about the fees, that he or his senior doesn't understand why it was levied, but they offered that it can be made reversed as a gift card. Also, if I want I can close the card account.

I still haven't activated my card.
Mu questions to the veterans is what shall I do? Do I close it, or do I take the voucher? If the limit was as promised, it was no issue about the fees. But now, both the limit is lower than half of what the agent promised, and also lower than my previous card. On top of that it's bears yearly charges.

Sorry for making the post this long, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Dear TFFam,

Recently, I was approached by an SBI card agent at Sealdah Railway station, Kolkata, where he said if I would be interested in taking a card. Previous I have avoided similar instances as I was not interested. But this time I had some time, and I got interested. He said I can get a IRCTC Rupay card as LTF with limit ₹2.34L (it was showing on his SBI Card Application App) based on my cibil and on C2C basis. My existing card is HDFC Millennia, ₹1.27L limit. I applied right there, and the card got approved within 1 day.

Things got interesting when I received a sms saying about the yearly charges. And even more when I received the physical card, where it stated the limit as ₹1.02L. Also the joining fees was charged on issuance day (which I found later).

I have already contacted the agent, and he spoke with his superior and said that the final limit was given by SBI card's HQ at Delhi. And about the fees, that he or his senior doesn't understand why it was levied, but they offered that it can be made reversed as a gift card. Also, if I want I can close the card account.

Mu questions to the veterans is what shall I do? Do I close it, or do I take the voucher? If the limit was as promised, it was no issue about the fees. But now, both the limit is lower than half of what the agent promised, and also lower than my previous card. On top of that it's bears yearly charges.

IRCTC and SBI is a deadly combination. You will face trouble in redeeming points and both SBI and IRCTC will blame each other. 🤣

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Dear TFFam,

Bruh u got 90% of existing card limit .
You should he ok with it many get 70-80% of Highest Limit card .

Few pros -lowest fees
+ upi ..its ltf only if u think that way
Railway lounge
And u get the usual 10 % discount form sbi

You can fight for ltf later after year end .
Sbi will give u ltf in negotiation later .

For 2.34 lakh .. ( sbi provide range min to max & agent says max its a cheap selling technique & u can't even say Miselling as it depends on ur cibil not their fault)

Ecoli8

TF Select
Bruh u got 90% of existing card limit .
You should he ok with it many get 70-80% of Highest Limit card .

Few pros -lowest fees
+ upi ..its ltf only if u think that way
Railway lounge
And u get the usual 10 % discount form sbi

You can fight for ltf later after year end .
Sbi will give u ltf in negotiation later .

For 2.34 lakh .. ( sbi provide range min to max & agent says max its a cheap selling technique & u can't even say Miselling as it depends on ur cibil not their fault)
So will I get LE later? If yes, after how many months?

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I mainly took it for the UPI benefit. Any other factors would be add on only for me.
There were so many other options if you need a RuPay card for UPI. You had to pick this card out of all. I have had a tolerate-hate relationship with this card. Read more about this here - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/about-the-sbi-irctc-platinum-card.22550/post-514922

Also, I have not heard of this card being offered LTF. All agents for all CCs tend to sell all their cards as LTF even though they are all spend-based LTF.