• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

3rd Person/Extra person charges at Marriott if no extra bed required?

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am planning to book a room at Marriott Coorg for 3 adults + 1 kid. No extra bed required considering 2 adults & kid will sleep on the main king size bed and the other adult will sleep on the sofa bed that is part of the room.

Considering this, would it be wise to just make a booking for 2 adults + 1 kid now and then inform them at checkin regarding 3rd adult? Or is it safe to book now for 3 adults+1 kid and pay Rs.5,000 as extra person charges?

Also any other tips on Marriott Coorg property is welcome. Thank you!

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am planning to book a room at Marriott Coorg for 3 adults + 1 kid. No extra bed required considering 2 adults & kid will sleep on the main king size bed and the other adult will sleep on the sofa bed that is part of the room.

Considering this, would it be wise to just make a booking for 2 adults + 1 kid now and then inform them at checkin regarding 3rd adult? Or is it safe to book now for 3 adults+1 kid and pay Rs.5,000 as extra person charges?

Also any other tips on Marriott Coorg property is welcome. Thank you!
If it’s a points booking, I see that 3A + 1C is going through.

If it’s a revenue booking, I think it won’t matter whether you choose to pay prior or at the property for the 3rd adult.
Except, at the property you’d need to mention about the extra adult.

sidp

TF Ace
If it’s a points booking, I see that 3A + 1C is going through.

If it’s a revenue booking, I think it won’t matter whether you choose to pay prior or at the property for the 3rd adult.
Except, at the property you’d need to mention about the extra adult.
He is asking can he get away with not paying that extra 5k? Hehe

Which will be lower? Paying for 3rd adult beforehand or during checkout.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have a similar ques, if I book a hotel room 3 persons ( adults ), does that by default mean that the hotel will be providing an extra bed for us? Or we will still need to ask them and pay for the extra bed