• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2 debit cards on one savings account

gobsy

TF Select
I have a canara bank savings account. I had one debit card. Yesterday I checked in canara app and it shows I have 1 more debit card. This was not intimidated to me and neither have I received the physical debit card? Should I send mail or visit branch to cancel and reverse the charges. Is it possible to have two debit cards for one savings account?

Also I already submitted a request in branch to change mobile number. But they have not updated it. How to take further action on it?

Trust Me

TF Ace
I have a canara bank savings account. I had one debit card. Yesterday I checked in canara app and it shows I have 1 more debit card. This was not intimidated to me and neither have I received the physical debit card? Should I send mail or visit branch to cancel and reverse the charges. Is it possible to have two debit cards for one savings account?
Is your original card nearing expiry? Banks often issue new cards without informing customers. It may be your new card, and you should receive it soon enough. On activation of the new card the old one will be deactivated.

Once it so happened that HDFC sent me a Platinum DC (not free) long before the expiry of my existing free DC without even asking me! I promptly blocked it. HDFC kept silent, and I kept on using my original card. I have never known public sector banks playing such games though.

hhg

TF Neo
Right..
Facing same issue, on 30 july 2023 i got message that 589 ₹ is deduced from my canara bank account..

Similar message i recieved on 2 march 2023..
It alarmed me.. Boiled too..
Last time i visited branch spending 100₹ just to clear that 589 ₹..

I called cc at toll free.. He says i have two debit card.. 🤔omg..

Then i checked in app.. I found two.. But in reality i have one. He said you have a personalized atm card name printed on it.. But i never recieved nor used..
Ccare said its not their fault..!!
SUCH is a CHEAP hijacking trick by BANKING comunity of Canara Bank.. Lost my empathy and sympathy both..!!

I am paying for their HIDDEN LUSTY trick upon CUSTOMERS.. Soon planning to DITCH this bank in new year.. Between i will visit this branch soon
LOST 600🙏

Tejo

TF Legend
Right..
Facing same issue, on 30 july 2023 i got message that 589 ₹ is deduced from my canara bank account..

Similar message i recieved on 2 march 2023..
It alarmed me.. Boiled too..
Last time i visited branch spending 100₹ just to clear that 589 ₹..

I called cc at toll free.. He says i have two debit card.. 🤔omg..

Then i checked in app.. I found two.. But in reality i have one. He said you have a personalized atm card name printed on it.. But i never recieved nor used..
Ccare said its not their fault..!!
SUCH is a CHEAP hijacking trick by BANKING comunity of Canara Bank.. Lost my empathy and sympathy both..!!

I am paying for their HIDDEN LUSTY trick upon CUSTOMERS.. Soon planning to DITCH this bank in new year.. Between i will visit this branch soon
LOST 600🙏
You can charge back that 589, as you didn't got card.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
So this means , we can have 2 debit cards from canara bank .
I wants to apply select debit card , but recently only my platinum debit card annual fee done . I don't wants to close my platinum card since it have Amazon Friday offer.
If I apply select card from mobile app , i can keep using both cards hopefully then .

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
I wants to apply select debit card , but recently only my platinum debit card annual fee done . I don't wants to close my platinum card since it have Amazon Friday offer.
If I apply select card from mobile app , i can keep using both cards hopefully then .
Yes you can

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Nope can you have 4 debit card with same varient. I have

devipriya

TF Neo
Hi ,
I had the same issue. I have received one card, after a month I received another card. I was thinking previous card would be blocked. But this year I realized bank takes money for both the card. Also I didnt apply the second card. I am not aware this as well. Connect with customer care raised a complaint.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can have as many cards as the bank gives.. Many accounts give one card free.. rbi says that 1ATM card ( not debit card) has to be free that comes with the account.. so banks try and upsell / cross sell paid debit cards.. The additional cards are rarely free.. but can be.. they will have annual fees... some banks may waive... managing multiple debit cards is also a pain

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Also I already submitted a request in branch to change mobile number. But they have not updated it. How to take further action on it?
Best is to visit branch ,might be an old debit card not yet canceled,
I've goy 2 debit cards on my Canara Savings Account, so it's quite possible

Just visit branch ,Cancel the card you dont actually have(you can check last 4 digits on App or Netbanking) ,
Also follow up with branch for mobile number change ,it takes like 1 hour once they actually do it

PSU Banks can be a little slow in processing requests so i suggest keep following up physically till it's done