• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Advice for applying for a credit card under C2C route

damn

TF Buzz
I am an undergrad student pursuing btech (last year). I got a job that pays me Rs 26500 per month (negotiated such that I don't have to pay tax). I am currently in possession of the following credit cards:
  1. Indian Bank Rupay Select - Rs 5 lakh
  2. SBI Prime - Rs 80k
  3. OneCard - Rs 5.5 lakh
I also have substantial investments in stock market, mutual funds, bonds and fd. I was looking forward to get more credit cards via C2C/C4C route in order to close my OneCard. I have an Exclusive account with Indusind Bank, and other 0 balance accounts with most banks except hdfc, icici as I had a very subpar experience with their staff. I can open a priority savings account under family banking if needed with Axis Bank, though it would be preferrable if such a situation does not arise.

I request your guidance since I plan to migrate outside India for further studies, and intend to use my credit cards there till I get settled and going there.

Also, if needed, I can negotiate higher salary with my employer, if that would help my case, but I intend to get the new credit card within the next 1 year.

MudraMantra

TF Buzz
I am an undergrad student pursuing btech (last year). I got a job that pays me Rs 26500 per month (negotiated such that I don't have to pay tax). I am currently in possession of the following credit cards:
  2. SBI Prime - Rs 80k
  3. OneCard - Rs 5.5 lakh
I also have substantial investments in stock market, mutual funds, bonds and fd. I was looking forward to get more credit cards via C2C/C4C route in order to close my OneCard. I have an Exclusive account with Indusind Bank, and other 0 balance accounts with most banks except hdfc, icici as I had a very subpar experience with their staff. I can open a priority savings account under family banking if needed with Axis Bank, though it would be preferrable if such a situation does not arise.

I request your guidance since I plan to migrate outside India for further studies, and intend to use my credit cards there till I get settled and going there.

Also, if needed, I can negotiate higher salary with my employer, if that would help my case, but I intend to get the new credit card within the next 1 year.
As you mentioned you have Exclusive account with Indusind you can ask for LTF Legend or higher variant cards.

You can apply for IDFC FIRST Bank credit card C2C basis, you might get wealth credit card.

Since you are planning to migrate outside India you can look for credit card like Scapia which offer Zero forex mark up.

Kumar93196

TF Ace
As you mentioned you have Exclusive account with Indusind you can ask for LTF Legend or higher variant cards.

You can apply for IDFC FIRST Bank credit card C2C basis, you might get wealth credit card.

Since you are planning to migrate outside India you can look for credit card like Scapia which offer Zero forex mark up.
If you want indusind bank card than DM me I can help you in getting legend

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Since you're planning to move international, building your credit score globally is important.

This is possible with Amex cards, the salary is on the slightly lower end but there have been several users who have gotten approved without any income docs so you can try your luck.

Once approved and you start using your Amex card, when you move to a new country, Amex will offer you a credit card in the new country and take your current Indian credit score and convert it into that country's credit score to offer you a new card. Other Indian banks don't offer any such service.

There are two most popular Amex cards - MRCC card if you spend less than 20K per month.
Platinum Travel card if you spend 25k-35K per month.

Both the cards are first year free so you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Kumar93196

TF Ace
Thanks for your kind words, I already have that card since last 2+ years.
Not for you😌
  2. SBI Prime - Rs 80k
  3. OneCard - Rs 5.5 lakh

I asked to him😂

damn

TF Buzz
Since you're planning to move international, building your credit score globally is important.

This is possible with Amex cards, the salary is on the slightly lower end but there have been several users who have gotten approved without any income docs so you can try your luck.

Once approved and you start using your Amex card, when you move to a new country, Amex will offer you a credit card in the new country and take your current Indian credit score and convert it into that country's credit score to offer you a new card. Other Indian banks don't offer any such service.

There are two most popular Amex cards - MRCC card if you spend less than 20K per month.
Platinum Travel card if you spend 25k-35K per month.

Both the cards are first year free so you can't really go wrong with any of them.
Tried applying, but rejected for low salary amount

damn

TF Buzz
How do you got Indian Bank cc with that much high limit ? Pls explain
Have a saving account with them; 2500 amb/aqb; never maintained it; one day was exploring the indoasis app; opened the apply section; clicked on apply credit card; system auto-fetched details and provided me with 5 lakh limit; the limit was dynamic (i could increase or decrease it from 0 to 5 lakh); selected 5 lakh; was asked which variant i want; selected rupay as I already have visa; completed e-sign process and an online sanction letter was emailed to me; in 5 days, the app started showing the card with number, cvv, etc; variant was rupay select since limit was greater than 2 lakh; physical card has not yet been dispatched/delivered to me

damn

TF Buzz

I had once started the process for wow card, and since then when i try to apply, i get an error saying vkyc link has expired; how should i proceed?

Kumar93196

TF Ace
I had once started the process for wow card, and since then when i try to apply, i get an error saying vkyc link has expired; how should i proceed?
Just mail idfc along with your pan and mobile no
(If you have application no mention that also) and ask them to delete your current application they will remove it and you can reapply after that.

damn

TF Buzz
Just mail idfc along with your pan and mobile no
(If you have application no mention that also) and ask them to delete your current application they will remove it and you can reapply after that.
Emailed them; let's see when they complete the process