• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most trusted bank for a savings account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.

praful47

TF Premier
Totally agree. But in this day and age, shouldn't the best bank be the one where you don't even need to visit the branch?
Everything cannot be moved online .
Without visiting branch how can one withdraw and deposit lakhs of money.
Cash deposit atm are not available everywhere .

dvader

TF Premier
Now that I have some experience after opening accounts with almost all major banks and having 7-8 HNI accounts with topmost banks in India I can confidently say that I don't trust any of them and they are all shitty in terms of customer care and service. I don't think they even know the spelling of the word service.

Remember there is a reason RBI is such a strong regulator, it's subjects (the banks) are one of the most despicable and scammiest pieces of crap. If RBI stops existing for 5 mins, these guys will bankrupt the country.

However you do occasionally find a branch with good people and nice support, this has nothing to do with the bank itself, it's just a nice and happy coincidence.

Your money is safe till 5L and that's all I know.

Rule of thumb,
If have good deposits, you will be treated good in the branch.

Unless you have time to waste or you know the manager in the PSU bank, don't visit a PSU bank for offline requests.

godslayer

TF Select
I have more than 13 bank accounts, most of them are zero balance account. I will tell you what I do. I park most of my money is SBI (0 MAB) and HDFC savings Max (25k MAB). I feel that peace of mind is much better than getting debit freeze for chindi cashback in these Neo banks.

For UPI I used to keep 3k-5k in some of the accounts like Kotak 811, Paytm Payments Bank ( Was one of the best),AU etc so that my main account statement are clutter free. Now I mostly use Rupay CC for the same. 90% it works, but if it don't I use these acoounts for UPI.

I am too happy with my Au bank service
With zero mab account and rupay platinum
And service at doorstep
Free coffee/refreshments whenever I visit branch 😍
Recently they increased dc charge from 177 to 250+18% I think
Still it's profitable because of our beloved rupay plat offer
Suggested my brother to close his Jupiter and open this one

Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.
How 1k every month?

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
I am too happy with my Au bank service
With zero mab account and rupay platinum
And service at doorstep
Free coffee/refreshments whenever I visit branch 😍
Recently they increased dc charge from 177 to 250+18% I think
Still it's profitable because of our beloved rupay plat offer
which variant ?

P B R G

TF Ace
Having used SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Axis, RBL, AU, Kotak, Airtel, Paytm PB, FI, Jupiter, IDBI and Union, I would say HDFC, SBI and ICICI are pretty good. Union, IDBI and AU are my least favourites.

If I have to open more accounts, will definitely try IDFC and Indusind.

Open AU Digital Savings for UPI transactions and benefits of Rupay platinum DC
Open any Indusind offline account for parking funds at higher interest rates
Best you can get out of the lot with minimum charges.

asahi

TF Premier
After Opening & Closing So Many Bank Accounts(literally so many) over the period, i recommend ICICI BANK above all other banks. It’s App is very reliable, Branch Staff are very helpful, never faced a server issue with icici, their customer care is very good, never escapes from helping the customer or reroutes the issues to branch frequently. Branch staff gives their phone numbers voluntarily & lifts the calls throughout the day & responds via WhatsApp. If you report an issue to them they try to help/solve it with minimal follow ups(after experiencing 3 different branches in 3 different cities). Their Debit Cards also offers decent offers but not rewards on utilities like hdfc or other neo banks. If you want reliability stability go for ICICI.

All the things i stated was from my personal experiences, it may differ from person to person branch to branch city to city

Status
Not open for further replies.