• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most trusted bank for a savings account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Almost every bank is trustable in part of savings account.

What mainly matters is the branch you deal with. They can make your banking experience heaven as well as hell.

For me HDFC Bank provides me the best service in the branch for accounts. Executives are always ready to visit home whenever required even after holding the basic 5k mab account. And it is the most stable bank at date apart from SBI

ICICI branch executives were just greedy ones in my area. As soon as I entered the branch in the first time " sir ye lelo, ye khol lo" and the moment I said I'm a student they turned their back like I am beggar🤣🤣. There BM and other executives were very rude as well(even worse than sbi)

IDFC branch experience was also good. They opened 0 balance account without any fudge(aur kya chahiye) without asking any questions.

Axis branch nearby is also decent enough. But the BM is fool🤡. Only ABM looks sensible to me there and I only contact her whenever there's any need. Work's best for me to deposit cash CDM😀

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So simply what i able to understand now is currently there's no universal choice.

We need @SSV to make a new bank account named "SSV Infinite" with best benifits.
Basically there is nothing like the best bank in all aspects.. it never exists..it is just illusionary thing only...
You may ask why?
1)Human desires / requirements are endless and they change over the priod of time continuously...
2) for a commercial entity, it takes real good amount of time to change itself to the requirements of the customers, even if they wish to change ..
3) A bank can not satisfy every single customer.

Basically you are asking for a most beautiful girl, with lots of obedience who comes from a rich family , respects in laws and everyone in the extended family ...
All this is in theory, these kind of girls won't exist in real....there are lots of mutually exclusive combination of characteristics here....

Solution..

Pick your top priorities, and choose two main banks which satisfy majority of your chosen priorities...this applies to your banking needs only...

For your personal life don't pick two girls , just one is enough.. otherwise you are inviting endless fun eventually ending up with either the most frustrated life / with no girl at all..

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For your personal life don't pick two girls , just one is enough.. otherwise you are inviting endless fun eventually ending up with either the most frustrated life / with no giraml at all..
tenor.gif

raghumahajan

TF Premier
Don't just blindly run for rewards extraction even on a savings account.
Get the nearest PSU or good private bank to your home.
Trust me distance matters sometimes in emergencies.

You may not keep all your money, but transferring and withdrawing from the home branch is very easy.

praful47

TF Premier
You can try this one .
Most reliable and trustworthy.
You can save as much as you can without any charges of failing for MAB.
It is guarded by dog which is best security in India .
No hassle to visit branch. It can be controlled anytime anywhere.
You become the owner of this bank.
What else one need .
Forget psu and private sector.
Be desi be indian .

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10

ARCHISMAN_DAS

TF Select
2K Fi Coins on UPI spends every month.
8K Fi Coins on debit card spends every month.
2% cashback up to 500rs, for which i choose Fi Coins instead of cash, which will be around 23K.
So, the total Fi Coins every month is 33K. Which will be equavalent to 1K.
As much as I can calculate, 500 agv is currently cost 20k fi coins so in that case it's around 750 actually not 1k . I don't know may be u are redeeming some other vouchers ...

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can try this one .
Most reliable and trustworthy.
You can save as much as you can without any charges of failing for MAB.
It is guarded by dog which is best security in India .
No hassle to visit branch. It can be controlled anytime anywhere.
You become the owner of this bank.
What else one need .
Forget psu and private sector.
Be desi be indian .
tenor.gif

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
There are 2 aspects:

Savings account for savings purpose
Savings account for transaction purpose

For the 1st category, we should be looking for bank’s overall financial reliability and FD/account interest rate

For the 2nd category, we should be looking for proximity of the nearest branch, availability and success rate of UPI transactions, other charges related to other bank services

For the 1st category, IndusInd and IDFC are good choice, they provide higher interest rate than bigger banks like HDFC ICICI SBI but more trustworthy than smaller SFBs
But SFBs generally provide way better interest rate (investment up to 5L is insured through DICGC)

For the 2nd category, ICICI is very good choice… probably I have never seen a UPI payment failure through ICICI - google pay combination in my last 6 months

I’m an ICICI account holder, so I vouched for ICICI

But if you are looking for some upgraded lifestyle benefits and privileges from the bank (depending on TRV), then ICICI is one of the worst choice

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Pick your top priorities, and choose two main banks which satisfy majority of your chosen priorities...this applies to your banking needs only...
As you said, I've chosen two banks: IDFC and Axis.

IDFC is completely free. There are no charges for anything. The debit card will be lifetime free, with unlimited ATM withdrawals for free, even on other bank ATMs. There are no charges on cash deposits or withdrawals, and they won't even charge a fee for ECS returns.

But the only problem with IDFC is they don't have CDM in my city. So if I have to deposit cash, I'll have to go to their branch, which is 10KM far from home.

Talking about Axis, they have some decent accounts with a few charges here and there, along with a few benefits. They have many branches, and all their ATMs have CDM in my city. They also have cardless cash deposit and withdrawal in CDM.

So the final conclusion is:
tenor.gif

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There are 2 aspects:

Savings account for savings purpose
Savings account for transaction purpose

For the 1st category, we should be looking for bank’s overall financial reliability and FD/account interest rate

For the 2nd category, we should be looking for proximity of the nearest branch, availability and success rate of UPI transactions, other charges related to other bank services

For the 1st category, IndusInd and IDFC are good choice, they provide higher interest rate than bigger banks like HDFC ICICI SBI but more trustworthy than smaller SFBs
But SFBs generally provide way better interest rate (investment up to 5L is insured through DICGC)

For the 2nd category, ICICI is very good choice… probably I have never seen a UPI payment failure through ICICI - google pay combination in my last 6 months

I’m an ICICI account holder, so I vouched for ICICI

But if you are looking for a upgraded benefits and privileges from the bank (depending on TRV), then ICICI is one of the worst choice
I am in second category.

praful47

TF Premier
As you said, I've chosen two banks: IDFC and Axis.

IDFC is completely free. There are no charges for anything. The debit card will be lifetime free, with unlimited ATM withdrawals for free, even on other bank ATMs. There are no charges on cash deposits or withdrawals, and they won't even charge a fee for ECS returns.

But the only problem with IDFC is they don't have CDM in my city. So if I have to deposit cash, I'll have to go to their branch, which is 10KM far from home.

Talking about Axis, they have some decent accounts with a few charges here and there, along with a few benefits. They have many branches, and all their ATMs have CDM in my city. They also have cardless cash deposit and withdrawal in CDM.

So the final conclusion is:
tenor.gif
Which idfc account is free ?

Status
Not open for further replies.