• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

weird response from idfc bank

danish

TF Ace
i requested idfc bank to reverse joining fee charges on my idfc digital wow rupay card , it ok that can not reverse it but why they are telling to clear my card outstanding dues , my last statement due is clear , very weird response

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 185825.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 185825.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Why did you want to get the joining fees reversed? But, I do agree what they said is pretty weird. Maybe they were trying to inform you that you will have to pay the full outstanding before the next due date even if you wish to pursue further up their customer care ladder but they should have worded it better.

danish

TF Ace
Why did you want to get the joining fees reversed? But, I do agree what they said is pretty weird. Maybe they were trying to inform you that you will have to pay the full outstanding before the next due date even if you wish to pursue further up their customer care ladder but they should have worded it better.
i was free at that time thought lets write a mail to get the joining fee reversed to see the customer care experience of idfc bank as i am a new customer of idfc first bank , i really didnt care if they reversed the joining fee or not , i always pay the due of all my cards with 1 day of statement generation date , thats why i got offended by the last statement of the email .

danish

TF Ace
i requested idfc bank to reverse joining fee charges on my idfc digital wow rupay card , it ok that can not reverse it but why they are telling to clear my card outstanding dues , my last statement due is clear , very un professional response
please note that this response was from thier Grievance Redressal Team not level 1 customer care team that why i am more disheartened i heard that idfc bank has good customer care team but my experience was opposite

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
please note that this response was from thier Grievance Redressal Team not level 1 customer care team that why i am more disheartened i heard that idfc bank has good customer care team but my experience was opposite
I see. But yeah IDFC is not and never was known for their customer care experience.

In case of joining fee you will get 100% back on first 4txn. You can assume it's a fyf cc.

And the response they gave you is also wierd 🙂

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i requested idfc bank to reverse joining fee charges on my idfc digital wow rupay card , it ok that can not reverse it but why they are telling to clear my card outstanding dues , my last statement due is clear , very un professional response
Ummed kisse kr rhe ho

Yeh bank nhi group of thugs hai
Kabi branch jao same feeling ayegi
Everyone busy selling something
Than giving your service at brnach

danish

TF Ace
What's unprofessional in the reply ? You asked for a waiver, they said NO.
They also reminded you to clear your dues.
my previous statement dues are clear , and this month statement is not generated and please read the email properly they are saying clear your outstanding at earliest , for you earliest meaning would be 1 to 2 weeks but for me earliest meaning is with in 1 day or as soon as possible .

Pollex

TF Premier
but it is definetly weird
its not. You raised a fee reversal request. They said no.

you made a transaction. They are asking you to clear the dues coz some people might cancel their card because of this without paying their dues or thinking their card is already closed and come up with their tanked Cibil after a couple of months.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i requested idfc bank to reverse joining fee charges on my idfc digital wow rupay card , it ok that can not reverse it but why they are telling to clear my card outstanding dues , my last statement due is clear , very weird response
You read it incorrect.

1 - fees won't be reversed
2- they said since u done transaction hence they can't close the card and reverse the fees
3- to clear dues - incase u want to close/ get fees reversed saying u used it BCS u felt it's free..

Maybe way of communication is wrong but they did give you options indirectly..

Read what's in between in the line .
Never react with emotions.

I hope this answers all your query

Idfc as a bank should have never got licensed..better it would been a sfb ..

But after their Old mD gone this bank has become joke .

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ummed kisse kr rhe ho

Yeh bank nhi group of thugs hai
Kabi branch jao same feeling ayegi
Everyone busy selling something
Than giving your service at brnach
This is something my dad told me a couple of years ago actually lol. This made me remember it. My dad and a friend has setup an account at IDFC First while they were working on a project together and it had a decent amount of funds around 1cr. But when he went to the branch to talk about something as simple as a Credit Card application he was treated like a peasant. They made him stand in the lobby and made him wait while the ‘cc manager’ was chatting with a friend or family in the same room. Then was told to chat with some other guy who was asking him weird questions like what other cards he has and what limits and why does he need an IDFC Card if already he already has other banks. Then all of sudden starts asking why he has so many transactions in the account and just stuff that simply should not be asked. And this was one of the head branches in a big city. Ge cancelled the account that month.

danish

TF Ace
You read it incorrect.

1 - fees won't be reversed
2- they said since u done transaction hence they can't close the card and reverse the fees
3- to clear dues - incase u want to close/ get fees reversed saying u used it BCS u felt it's free..

Maybe way of communication is wrong but they did give you options indirectly..

Read what's in between in the line .
Never react with emotions.

I hope this answers all your query

Idfc as a bank should have never got licensed..better it would been a sfb ..

But after their Old mD gone this bank has become joke .
i am not saying about why denied my joining fee reversal request and i unclearly understand why they are unable to reverse the joining , only last line of the email made me fell disheartened and i never told them that i would like or i want to close the card if fees not reversed , i do not think that idfc customer care team are mind readers

danish

TF Ace
its not. You raised a fee reversal request. They said no.

you made a transaction. They are asking you to clear the dues coz some people might cancel their card because of this without paying their dues or thinking their card is already closed and come up with their tanked Cibil after a couple of months.
sorry i do not have so much time that i can explain you why i am telling it a werid response from idfc bank as a idfc bank customer i had a bad experience with idfc bank so i posted my experience in techno fino community , thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 1.22.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 1.22.23 PM.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 8

Pollex

TF Premier
sorry i do not have so much time that i can explain you why i am telling it a werid response from idfc bank as a idfc bank customer i had a bad experience with idfc bank so i posted my experience in techno fino community , thank you
Lol I can say the same thing about your response, thats its rude. But thankfully, I am not a snowflake. If I post something on TF, thats because I would want to get the community‘s response, not because I want to vent my misplaced frustrations.

but whatever floats your boat.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i am not saying about why denied my joining fee reversal request and i unclearly understand why they are unable to reverse the joining , only last line of the email made me fell disheartened and i never told them that i would like or i want to close the card if fees not reversed , i do not think that idfc customer care team are mind readers
Nashe me hoga
Ya Ghar se pitt k aya hoga