• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Your Card account has been suspended. Please call the number on the back of your Card if we haven't already spoken with you.

Macbook

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Account Ending In: xxxx, xxxx, xxxx
Dear MR. xxxx xxxxx,
We recognize that our Card Members’ financial circumstances can change over time. In line with our obligations as a responsible lender, it is necessary for us to periodically update your financial information to ensure our records are up to date and accurate.

We kindly request that you provide us with documentation to verify your current income and employment details. Please provide this information within fifteen (15) days from the date of this email to support further charging on your account.

While under review, charging privileges on your account(s), including any Supplementary Cards, have been temporarily suspended. Failure to provide the requested documents may result in your account being cancelled.

If you are salaried, please provide the following documents:
1) A copy of your personal ITR.
2) The last two months of bank statements reflecting your salary deposits
3) Your two most recent pay slips or latest Form 16.

If you are self-employed, please provide following documents:
1) Certificate of Business Registration.
2) A copy of your latest personal ITR.
3) The last two months of bank statements. Please be advised that if needed, further documentation may be required.
5a03ef34-0989-4c66-9344-c31ad3ecdb58.png

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
unfortunately my friend, you are being financially reviewed ie FR.
You can read about it in my thread. The link is attached.
This happens for one of the many reasons listed in the thread such as 1) using your card on your own pos machine. 2) Abnormally high spend in a single transaction. 3) using your card at 1 particular merchant for rotation and many more reasons in line with the above reasons.

Thread 'Amex Financial Review'
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amex-financial-review.7351/

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This happens for one of the many reasons listed in the thread such as 1) using your card on your own pos machine. 2) Abnormally high spend in a single transaction. 3) using your card at 1 particular merchant for rotation and many more reasons in line with the above reasons.

Good one .

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

@vaibhav111 consider to be marked as answer or better merge
It's complete information

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

nice information.. amex is very vigilant.. unlike axis who. woke up 6 M. later and. harassed. all their customers with no logic

Tejo

TF Legend
Yeh SB v hota hai ?
Howwww
Banks like usually give cards even for banking relationship, networth, it might be not mentioned publicly.

How kids in the TF got credit cards? Leave silver spoon kids.

My pincode not serviceable for StanC cards, when I asked about credit card they just asked about my assets like mutual funds.

Already, TF dada said amex giving cards for people with networth, car ......

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Account Ending In: xxxx, xxxx, xxxx
Dear MR. xxxx xxxxx,
We recognize that our Card Members’ financial circumstances can change over time. In line with our obligations as a responsible lender, it is necessary for us to periodically update your financial information to ensure our records are up to date and accurate.

We kindly request that you provide us with documentation to verify your current income and employment details. Please provide this information within fifteen (15) days from the date of this email to support further charging on your account.

While under review, charging privileges on your account(s), including any Supplementary Cards, have been temporarily suspended. Failure to provide the requested documents may result in your account being cancelled.

If you are salaried, please provide the following documents:
1) A copy of your personal ITR.
2) The last two months of bank statements reflecting your salary deposits
3) Your two most recent pay slips or latest Form 16.

If you are self-employed, please provide following documents:
1) Certificate of Business Registration.
2) A copy of your latest personal ITR.
3) The last two months of bank statements. Please be advised that if needed, further documentation may be required.
5a03ef34-0989-4c66-9344-c31ad3ecdb58.png
This is the dreaded FR that I have spoken about in so many of the threads.. Been there & amex makes it a terribly horrifying experience. You charging privileges for all of your amex cards will remain suspended till the review is done with....

Now, 1 of the 3 things will happen :-

1. You give all documents they ask for & if all your financials are in line and you are not caught doing business spends or rotating money, your charging privileges will be restored like before - NO IMPACT.

2. Same as point no 1 but they will put a "Global limit" on your charge card/s essentially making it a credit card & also reduce limit of the other credit cards. - MEDIUM IMPACT (You can even ask for a review just after 6 months).

3. If you don't give them the required docs or your financials are not in line with the information you supplied during your application or if you're caught doing business spends or rotating money, the entire card account including all your amex cards will be cancelled. That will be the end with amex for you.. They will proportionately refund your annual fees for all your cards but forfeit all your points .. - Worst case scenario.

An FR is triggered due to various reasons but mostly it is due spending too much in a short span of time or with 1 particular merchant or on forex & also if amex suspects you rotating money or doing business spends on your personal cards. It's mostly the Charge cards that trigger an FR, since they don't have a pre set limit & can be abused easily, amex is sensitive with them I guess.

I was asked a lot of questions about all my spends & had to prove the spends were not business related, that was even after I supplied all the docs they asked from me..

It was not my Plat Charge but my Gold charge that triggered the FR back in the day!

Last edited:

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Above all are right except 1 particular merchant ,now Paytm machine itself not accepting amex card , customers are barely using offline.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did they give reason for blocking and unblocking ????
Amex will never giving you a reason for an FR or the outcome of it.. Whether they reinstate the account or otherwise amex never gives a reason.

However, when you speak to that FR specific team, from the questions they ask, you get an idea why the FR was triggered on the account ..

That's why some people are FR'd multiple times... Lol

Last edited: