• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Interest charges in grace period - Axis bank

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
Can a bank charge interest for payments made within the grace period? I had a due of 2.35L on 11th March, but I made a payment of 89k on 12th March and the rest on 13th March, well within the three-day grace period. However, the bank still charged me 15.5k + GST for this delay. Is this correct as per RBI rules or should I dispute it?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can a bank charge interest for payments made within the grace period? I had a due of 2.35L on 11th March, but I made a payment of 89k on 12th March and the rest on 13th March, well within the three-day grace period. However, the bank still charged me 15.5k + GST for this delay. Is this correct as per RBI rules or should I dispute it?
pls dispute it.. they will reverse.. ideally they are not supposed to charge additional fees / charges etc.. but interest is due.. so negotiate it out.. they will reverse in most cases

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
pls dispute it.. they will reverse.. ideally they are not supposed to charge additional fees / charges etc.. but interest is due.. so negotiate it out.. they will reverse in most cases
Customer care said, they can reverse 10k + gst. Rest I need to pay. But I want to know if these charges are correct or not. So that I can negotiate or go ahead with complaint on it