• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(REMOVED) PayTM Platform fee for credit card bill payment

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update: Platform fee has been withdrawn by PayTM for credit card bill payments

Found Platform fee being applied in PayTM for credit card bill payment using wallet today. Applies to UPI and debit card payments too.

Is this new?

Last edited:
"we have a lot of other options, there are several other players in the market, so we use them" -- Exactly my point. If someone finds it inconvenient they will move to a different app.
Yes we have, but we were constantly using Paytm because of ease and convenience, also it's my right to criticize any wrong move any service provider. Also you said not a big deal but for me and other people it's a big deal. Don't blindly support their wrong move by any provider.

Strange

TF Legend
From today, Paytm is not charging platform fee for me for any kind of payment method/amount for credit card bill payment.
Check yours, if the platform fee is there or not.
Yes, showing zero fees on all payment modes. I think people stopped using Paytm for credit card bill payments after they added the platform fee. Paytm realized their mistake and removed the platform fee.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They have changed the banking partners(after ban) due to which they are charging the fees. Makes sense in a business.
No point in cribbing when there are alternatives.

Das.N

TF Ace
Yes, showing zero fees on all payment modes. I think people stopped using Paytm for credit card bill payments after they added the platform fee. Paytm realized their mistake and removed the platform fee.
True, I didn't use Paytm after adding platform fees.
Used payzapp during those days.
Lagta hai zyada kuch nehi kama paye platform fees se, ulta customer khone ka darr aa gayi.