• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Card/ RuPay Metro Card & share your experience & help others

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Lets talk about RuPay NCMC Debit/Prepaid Card/ RuPay Metro Card/ RuPay Transit Card and share your experience and help others:

Hi, NPCI now allow Banks, Metros, Buses to accept RuPay NCMC debit and NCMC Prepaid cards.

Many people are asking me how to activate RuPay NCMC debit card ? How to load money ? How to use etc.

What is RuPay NCMC Card ?

National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) is Transit Card/ Metro Card is India. Single Card use on any Metros, Buses, Toll, Parking, Railway, Para Transit & Retail shopping etc.

You will get offline Wallet based contactless Payments option. Load Money on your RuPay NCMC Offline Wallet and use any Metro AFC gates in India. Same like any Metro Cards in India. Some Indian buses are also start accepting RuPay NCMC cards.

How to activate RuPay NCMC Card ?

You RuPay NCMC Card activate through Metro counter and Metro staff will help you to activate your NCMC card feature.

How to load money on my RuPay NCMC Card Wallet ?

You can load money from Metro counters or Online from your bank Internet banking or Mobile banking app.

How to Use ?

Just Tab on entry AFC gate and exist time tab on exist AFC gate.

What is the limit for my offline RuPay NCMC wallet transaction ?

Well, limit is decided by the banks, i shared here Bank of Baroda RuPay NCMC debit card offline wallet transaction limit -

Note - The limit may change in the future.

• Maximum per transaction limit for money add transaction - Rs. 500.
  • Maximum daily limit for money add transaction - Rs. 2000.
  • No. of money add transactions allowed per day - 4.
  • Maximum balance in card (stored value) at any point - Rs. 2000.
  • Max per transaction limit for card for offline purchase - Rs. 200 (retail payments) & Rs. 2,000 (transit payments).
  • Maximum daily limit for card for no. of offline purchase transactions - 20.

Delhi Metro -

Here Delhi Metro Offer 10% off on RuPay NCMC Card payment during peak hours and 20% off on non-peak hours.

Last time i heard Delhi Metro airport expressline accept RuPay NCMC Cards but now I see it is expanding to other Delhi Metro stations as well.

If you travel in Delhi Metro and use RuPay NCMC cards then share your experience in comment section and also help others like where you use ? how you activated your RuPay NCMC cards etc.

Note - Already few users here used RuPay NCMC cards on Delhi Metro. They activated RuPay NCMC Debit Cards from Delhi Metro counter.

F3Efpf9XgAEV6RZ.jpg

Bengaluru Metro -

Here one twitter user Naveenkumar B S shared on twitter -

Bengaluru Metro now supports all banks NCMC RuPay Debit cards, so there is no need to buy a new card to travel. Today I activated my SBI NCMC debit card service creation at the metro counter and loaded 200 Rs.

I travel by metro regularly in Bangalore, and today I checked at the Banashankari customer service counter if there was any possibility to link my existing SBI Rupay NCMC debit card. The person checked, created the service and loaded the amount.

He also shared this images -

dfrdy.jpg

Same Twitter user shared another tweet, this time he use Paytm RuPay wallet transit card -

Paytm wallet transit card was delivered on 7 August 23 in Bengaluru, and I have reloaded 100 Rs in AVM.

xcgds.jpg

He also share this video -

View attachment qSL4p4julFWzPzz-.mp4

MMRDA Mumbai Metro -

Here another Twitter user share his experience in MMRDA Mumbai Metro -

Finally the MMRDA Mumbai Metro staff got the NCMC activated!!
Here’s my BOB RuPay Select Debit Card being used!!

Entry and exit tap images -

F2CcX-IboAAwbv4.jpg

Now the RuPay NCMC-enabled key chain is also supported to use metro stations,shopping malls and other contactless-enabled POS machines. Well done Omnicard app.

dtrete.jpg

These are just a few examples and will give you an idea of how to use your RuPay NCMC Metro Card.

Mumbai BEST buses also accept RuPay NCMC Cards and they also issue their own Chalo BEST NCMC Card by yes bank but you can also use other RuPay NCMC Cards as well.

Since, RuPay NCMC Transit System is new and many people are unaware about it. Please share your experience in comment section and help others how to use RuPay NCMC Cards on your Metros.

Updated -

Now RuPay Card ‘NCMC Recharge’ supported through BBPS (Bharat Bill Pay System):​

LIVE PROJECTS Till 5th Feb, 2024 -​

Sr. NoTransit Operator NameModeType of ProjectAcquiring BankRuPay cards accepted
1Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC)BusOpen loopYes BankAll NCMC certified banks
2Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)MetroOpen loopRBL BankAll NCMC certified banks
3Brihanmumbai Electricity Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST)BusOpen loopYes BankAll NCMC certified banks
4Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
5Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
6Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
7Haryana RoadwaysBusOpen loopAU Small finance BankAll NCMC certified banks
8Kadamba Transport Corporation Limited (KTCL) (Goa Transport)BusOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
9Mumbai Metro One Private Limited (MMOPL) (Mumbai Metro 1) Reliance MetroMetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
10Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) Mumbai Metro Line 2A & 7MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
11National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC)MetroOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks
12Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC)MetroOpen loopState Bank of IndiaAll NCMC certified banks
13Noida Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRC)MetroClosed loopState Bank of IndiaState Bank of India
14Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL)MetroClosed loopState Bank of IndiaState Bank of India
15Ahmedabad Janmarg Limited (Janmitra Bus)BusClosed loopICICI BankICICI Bank
16Surat BRTSBusClosed loopICICI BankICICI Bank
17Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL)MetroClosed loopAxis BankAxis Bank
18Pune MetroMetroClosed loopHDFC BankHDFC Bank
19The Delhi–Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi–Meerut RRTS)Rapid RailOpen loopPaytm Payments BankAll NCMC certified banks

Note - *NCMC cards of other banks will also get accepted in future as decided by Authority.

Last edited:

Karthik:

TF Premier
I think Indian metros don't accept online DC or CC cards.
Maybe i'm wrong.
Saw somewhere that elevated stations support online also. Online mode is not available in underground stations. If both in and out stations are elevated, think we can use online also.

telescope

TF Ace
this separate wallet concept is frustrating. Suppose I am going on a trip to Mumbai, a wallet will get created within my Rupay dc, within which I need to load money and use that amount at mumbai metro and BEST buses. Then if I go on a tour to B'lore, there i have to create another Bangalore wala wallet within the NCMC and that specific balance can be used only at bangalore, and any excess funds of Mumbai cannot be used. And then same for each city.

So, each city one goes to, will need to create and maintain separate wallet within same NCMC dc.

This is the worst possible implementation of One nation One Card. In reality, it is One Card Multiple Wallet.

rajcasio

TF Premier
this separate wallet concept is frustrating. Suppose I am going on a trip to Mumbai, a wallet will get created within my Rupay dc, within which I need to load money and use that amount at mumbai metro and BEST buses. Then if I go on a tour to B'lore, there i have to create another Bangalore wala wallet within the NCMC and that specific balance can be used only at bangalore, and any excess funds of Mumbai cannot be used. And then same for each city.

So, each city one goes to, will need to create and maintain separate wallet within same NCMC dc.

This is the worst possible implementation of One nation One Card. In reality, it is One Card Multiple Wallet.
I doubt it.
For example if you load 2000 INR in offline wallet in NCMC cards you can use it in all cities.

telescope

TF Ace
Ideally any cc/dc with contactless (NFC) coil inside should work. the amount should get debited directly from the bank. This is best possible implementation.

Or, if not that, atleast make NCMC wallet interoperable across all transport across india, so that same wallet balance can be used anywhere in India seamlessly.

theda

TF Premier
Ideally any cc/dc with contactless (NFC) coil inside should work. the amount should get debited directly from the bank. This is best possible implementation.

Or, if not that, atleast make NCMC wallet interoperable across all transport across india, so that same wallet balance can be used anywhere in India seamlessly.
To handle the peak time rush it needs payment system which is fast and efficient. Thus offline wallets.
With online payments there can be a delay in processing which isn't the case with offline payments.

In NCMC cards the money is there in the card itself. Activate once and you can use it at any supporting terminal.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
To handle the peak time rush it needs payment system which is fast and efficient. Thus offline wallets.
With online payments there can be a delay in processing which isn't the case with offline payments.

In NCMC cards the money is there in the card itself. Activate once and you can use it at any supporting terminal.
Yes, money loaded on your EMV chip offline wallet. No internet connectivity required.

I saw a video from Japan Metro on how much offline wallet helps to handling peak time rush and like @theda told, offline transactions are also fast and efficient.

In the video, the Japanese metro offline wallet system was compared with the metro systems of other Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia etc.

Touch Speed was also mentioned in the video but I don't remember how much. 🤣🤣

@telescope

theda

TF Premier
Yes, money loaded on your EMV chip offline wallet. No internet connectivity required.

I saw a video from Japan Metro on how much offline wallet helps to handling peak time rush and like @theda told, offline transactions are also fast and efficient.

In the video, the Japanese metro offline wallet system was compared with the metro systems of other Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia etc.

Touch Speed was also mentioned in the video but I don't remember how much. 🤣🤣
It's much much better than the online system. Imagine if DMRC uses an online system, you touched the card, money deducted but it failed due to network issue and now you have to fill a form and register a complaint for 10 rs. :D

In case of offline it's a go or no. If the money is deducted the gate will surely open. No stuck payments no headache for refunds nothing.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Maintaining a separate wallet within the card for each metro/bus system for each city is annoying.
That is not true.
I have backup NCMC (Paytm) and once I was around UP region, so decided to try RRTS and NCMC wallet worked like it was native card of the system. Just tap and gate open.

1707057002594.png

ETA: @Abhishek012 NCRTC RRTS is missing in OP table. Kindly add that also.

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Today (5th Feb, 2024), Federal Bank launches RuPay NCMC wallet debit card: Know steps to use it, transaction limit and more:

Differentiating NCMC RuPay Debit Cards from regular RuPay Debit Cards, Federal Bank highlighted that the former is a dual-interface card supporting both online (contact and contactless) and offline (contactless) transactions.
RuPay Platinum Debit Card.jpg

Federal Bank stated that this initiative is a step towards streamlining travel experiences by digitising payments.To activate the NCMC functionality and begin using the card for offline transactions, cardholders are required to enable the "contactless feature" through mobile banking, internet banking, or IVR.

After activation, users can visit the customer care desk at metro stations to initiate activation and load money onto the card, either through cash or their existing savings account.

The maximum top-up limit for the offline card balance is set at ₹2,000.

Users can reload the card balance through various channels, including cash transactions at authorised transit points or by linking the card to their savings/current account.

The balance on the offline wallet can be enquired at designated transport operators' POS terminals, and customers can update their balance after performing an "Add Money" transaction through the bank's e-channels.

For offline transactions, customers must activate the offline wallet, maintain a necessary balance, and tap the card at the entry and exit gates of metro stations.

The Automatic Fare Calculator (AFC) system will deduct the fare from the offline wallet.

The upper limit for an offline payment transaction is set at ₹200, with potential changes based on guidelines, Federal Bank mentioned on its website.

Differentiating NCMC RuPay Debit Cards from regular RuPay Debit Cards, Federal Bank highlighted that the former is a dual-interface card supporting both online (contact and contactless) and offline (contactless) transactions.

Cards issued after April 2022 will exclusively support the NCMC feature.

Customers can identify the RuPay Contactless feature by checking for the contactless indicator printed on the card, the lender said.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Today (5th Feb, 2024), Federal Bank launches RuPay NCMC wallet debit card: Know steps to use it, transaction limit and more:

RuPay Platinum Debit Card.jpg

Federal Bank stated that this initiative is a step towards streamlining travel experiences by digitising payments.To activate the NCMC functionality and begin using the card for offline transactions, cardholders are required to enable the "contactless feature" through mobile banking, internet banking, or IVR.

After activation, users can visit the customer care desk at metro stations to initiate activation and load money onto the card, either through cash or their existing savings account.

The maximum top-up limit for the offline card balance is set at ₹2,000.

Users can reload the card balance through various channels, including cash transactions at authorised transit points or by linking the card to their savings/current account.

The balance on the offline wallet can be enquired at designated transport operators' POS terminals, and customers can update their balance after performing an "Add Money" transaction through the bank's e-channels.

For offline transactions, customers must activate the offline wallet, maintain a necessary balance, and tap the card at the entry and exit gates of metro stations.

The Automatic Fare Calculator (AFC) system will deduct the fare from the offline wallet.

The upper limit for an offline payment transaction is set at ₹200, with potential changes based on guidelines, Federal Bank mentioned on its website.

Cards issued after April 2022 will exclusively support the NCMC feature.

Customers can identify the RuPay Contactless feature by checking for the contactless indicator printed on the card, the lender said.

abhiver

TF Premier
Yup, I also haven't heard from any other private bank.

Waise I know eski tayari bahot pehle suru hui hogi, but timing jabardast hai.

People are searching for NCMC card and there you are easy onboarding as compare to PSU.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yup, I also haven't heard from any other private bank.

Waise I know eski tayari bahot pehle suru hui hogi, but timing jabardast hai.

People are searching for NCMC card and there you are easy onboarding as compare to PSU.
Ya Federal bank said - Cards issued after April 2022 will exclusively support the NCMC feature.