• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying GOLD/Jewellery from Credit Card

codenerd

TF Ace
Hi all,
Some of you may not have an idea about buying gold/jewellery via credit cards. I myself didnt have much idea until I purchased myself.

So recently I purchased jewellery from a big retail jeweller and swiped my cards at their POS machine. Following are the cards I used:
AMEX Smart Earn CC - Got 1 MR point/50rs without capping
AMEX Gold Charge Card - Got 1 MR point/50rs without capping
Indusind Visa Signature Debit Card - Got 125 points on spending 10K
Amazon ICICI Apay CC - Straight 1% cashback to amazon pay wallet

The point of this post is that there are many cards which dont give any reward points on buying gold/silver or any jewellery or atleast they mention that way in their T&C. I used the above cards at their physical store (not online purchase) and got all the due rewards without any issue.

Bonus Tip: Then added the above equivalent amount to Mobikwik Xtra and earned 12% p. a until my bill payment date. That way I kind of earned more money/value out of this transaction/strategy.

Another Bonus Tip: Paid all credit card dues a week before the due date (enjoyed 12%interest p.a until then without any issue!!!) via CRED via DEBIT CARD.
Since I used IndusInd Visa Signature Debit Card (Indus Partner Account. Neither Select, nor Exclusive), I got 3K points which is equivalent to around 1050rs cash redemption.
Basically if you pay your CC bill using Cred by your IndusInd Visa Signature Debit Card, you kind of get 1050rs per 1 lakh bill payment roughly per month per card.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
At which store you used Apay? In their TnCs it is mentioned that they do not give cashback on gold purchases.
Apay gives 1% for jewellery offline. Have used it before and got 5k cashback for 5L purchase. But make sure you don't get cashback more than 8k per month, otherwise your card will be blocked and last transaction that made it cross the threshold will also not get the cashback.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Damn will use DCB from now. Also there is a max limit of 2500 points on dcb daily, right? Am I missing something?
It is only for Smartbuy accelerated rewards. Even if you buy gyftr vouchers beyond the daily limit, you will still get the regular 3.3%. I don't think there is any limit on regular RP accrual or it should be a very huge number like 2L RP limit per cycle like Infinia.

VedKarma

TF Buzz
It is only for Smartbuy accelerated rewards. Even if you buy gyftr vouchers beyond the daily limit, you will still get the regular 3.3%. I don't think there is any limit on regular RP accrual or it should be a very huge number like 2L RP limit per cycle like Infinia.
There is cap of earning 75k RP per statement cycle since oct 23

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
I hav hdfc millenia. How much cashback can I get if I offline purchase gold in any shop. For 1lakh.
And I have hdfc tata neu plus credit card if purchase from neu card around 3lakh. Then how much cash ack can I get

knight

TF Ace
I hav hdfc millenia. How much cashback can I get if I offline purchase gold in any shop. For 1lakh.
And I have hdfc tata neu plus credit card if purchase from neu card around 3lakh. Then how much cash ack can I get
Base rewards rate for both.

Both Millennia and Neu plus 1%.

+ pay the bill with a rewarding debit card (Millenia DC/ indusind/ RBL) to get another 1% as discussed in other threads.

i used both millenia & neu infinity and got the base rate.

Last edited:

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Base rewards rate for both.

Both Millennia and Neu plus 1%.

+ pay the bill with a rewarding debit card (Millenia DC/ indusind/ RBL) to get another 1% as discussed in other threads.

i used both millenia & neu infinity and got the base rate.
Thank for reply bro. I want to know that Amazon pay ICICI card tnc says no cashback on gold purchase. But many persons in this post has sad that they hav got cashback by Amazon pay ICICI card. Shall I use it or not because mouka to ek baar hi aata h