• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there any debit card that has 0% markup for international ATM cash withdrawal

I know many DCs that have 0% markup on POS & online transactions.

And there probably will always be a ATM usage fee. Slapped on both by the ATM bank abroad and your own bank.

Still is there any DC that offers 0% or very low markup charges? And even better if they have a minimal ATM fee.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Have you used them? This is a travel card... so they can screw you on the exchange rate. They are very opaque about that in their marketing material.
I have used this card extensively in 2020-2022.. and it's great... You get live visa conversion rates.. and that time there were no any 100 rupees per txn.. usually international ATMs charge some amount to use their ATM similar to when you get charged 20 rupees in India after 5 free txn.. so there are some ATM which have this charge and some does not.. so after some hit and try in your location if you withdraw money from that zero charge ATM then it's great...

iBabubhau

TF Buzz
Niyo had now partnered with Equitas Bank for the Niyo global forex card. Same features as the SBM Niyo card. The only difference being it’s a FYF debit card followed by 299+GST as annual fee.
However, the benefits outweigh the charges or you can just close within a year.

I have used this card extensively in 2020-2022.. and it's great... You get live visa conversion rates.. and that time there were no any 100 rupees per txn.. usually international ATMs charge some amount to use their ATM similar to when you get charged 20 rupees in India after 5 free txn.. so there are some ATM which have this charge and some does not.. so after some hit and try in your location if you withdraw money from that zero charge ATM then it's great...

So what is the process for acquiring it? Do I have first open a SB account and then apply for a preferred card through their app? Or can I just select a card of my preference without a Niyo SB account?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I know many DCs that have 0% markup on POS & online transactions.

And there probably will always be a ATM usage fee. Slapped on both by the ATM bank abroad and your own bank.

Still is there any DC that offers 0% or very low markup charges? And even better if they have a minimal ATM fee.
The IndusInd Exclusive/Grande/Pioneer accounts will be provided with a zero Forex debit card. The cards offer free ATM withdrawals abroad. You will bear only the foreign bank atm usage fee(if any). You can consider opening an account with them.
Niyo Global used to be a good option, but I feel their service is questionable. Especially with RBI banning their SBM-partnered offering for FX transactions. And they will charge you a fee of Rs.100+GST on international ATM withdrawals.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
people have misunderstood 0 forex markup part.
0 markup doesnt ean you will get spot rates
it means you will get interbank rates which already account for the markup
what you need to check is which forex card or debit or credit provides the lowest rate conversion and at what rate is it being done
and if any premium how much compared to spot

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
people have misunderstood 0 forex markup part.
0 markup doesnt ean you will get spot rates
it means you will get interbank rates which already account for the markup
what you need to check is which forex card or debit or credit provides the lowest rate conversion and at what rate is it being done
and if any premium how much compared to spot
I believe IBR(with a very slight markup) is what Visa and Mastercard follow. A forex card is sold at a premium to IBR. I paid nearabout the same rate as what google showed on most of my withdrawal using my Mastercard and Visa zero forex DCs.
So my understanding is that Interbank rates are the most ideal rates.
And coming to conversion, most DCs and CCs follow their payment processors(Visa,MC,Discover,RUPAY,etc.) conversion rates, which are again based on IBR.
Spot rate should be the rate at which a FX transaction is completed right? What has that got anything to do with IBR?
Could you help me understand what is the difference between spot rate and IBR? And where can we find those rates for comparison.